• A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO Country Office in China on 31 December 2019.
• WHO is working 24/7 to analyse data, provide advice, coordinate with partners, help countries prepare, increase supplies and manage expert networks.
• The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020.
• The international community has asked for US$675 million to help protect states with weaker health systems as part of its Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan.
• On 11 February 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19.
11 March 2020
Speaking at the COVID-19 media briefing, the WHO Director-General said:
"WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction."
12 March 2020
The Omaha System Community of Practice and Research published an evidence-based guideline to support the international Covid-19 Response.
Webinar Sponsored by Champ Software
This article described our initial efforts
This editorial described our work in the context of nursing informatics responses to COVID-19 worldwide