After School Program
The Old First Ward Community Association houses a free after school program available for children between the ages of 6 to 19 years of age and runs from 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Our after school program provides a warm fresh cooked meal through our Kids' Café between 2:30-4:00 p.m.
The after school program offers art class, a computer lab, a game room, homework help, and gym activities, as well as a woodworking class on Fridays between 4:30- 6:00 p.m.
If you are interested in enrolling a child in the After School Program please contact our Youth Program Supervisor Sue Ely at 856-8613.
Youth Program Code of Conduct
- HAVE FUN!
- Absolutely no fighting or intentions of starting a fight. (Raising hand, objects, or "come outside.")
- No offensive language what-so-ever. (Name calling, swearing, racist or discriminatory/negative words towards others)
- Respect everyone and everything (including classrooms and artwork.)
- Follow all specific classroom and gym rules.
- No food or drinks allowed in any rooms besides the cafeteria.
- No phones or electronics allowed. Keep in safe place and put away.
- BOYS AND GIRLS ARE EQUAL.
These rules are to create a positive and safe place for all participants. If an incident occurs, the people involved will be required to meet with our Old First Ward Counselor, Diane Makey, before returning to the youth program.
Youth Services Contact
- Youth Program Supervisor