The Community Development & Housing Services Department is Closed.
IF YOU HAVE A CRITICAL HOUSING RELATED EMERGENCY PLEASE CONTACT:
Alissa Schmidle at email@example.com and (716)856-8615 ext.103
or call the Executive Director at (716)856-8613 ext.108
**DESPITE CLOSURES WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL OF OUR PROGRAMS**
UPCOMING HOUSING EVENT:
VIRTUAL FAIR HOUSING & TENANT'S RIGHTS WORKSHOP
TUESDAY, AUGUST 25TH @ 6PM ON THE OFW FACEBOOK PAGE
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE: FAIR HOUSING BASICS (SECTION 8 VOUCHERS, SECURITY DEPOSIT AGREEMENTS & OTHER GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE), DISCRIMINATORY ACTIONS, KNOWING/PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS, EVICTIONS, AND MORE!
** In order to register please call the center at (716) 856-8613 ext. 102 or 103 **
COVID-19 RENT RELIEF PROGRAM
UPDATE: APPLICATION PERIOD NOW ENDS AUGUST 6TH
For more information or to apply please follow the link below (application period ends August 6th):
The COVID Rent Relief Program will provide eligible households with a one-time rental subsidy that will be sent directly to the household's landlord.
* Applicants will not need to repay this assistance.
* The rental assistance payment will cover the difference between the household's rent burden on March 1, 2020 and the increase in rent burden for the months the households is applying for assistance.
* Households can apply for up to four months in rental assistance
Eligible households must meet the following criteria:
* Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, household income must have been below 80% of the area median income, adjusted for household size. You can find your county's area median income, based on your household size: www.hcr.ny.gov/eligible-income-limits-80-ami-county
* Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, the household must have been paying more than 30% of gross monthly income towards rent. Gross income includes wages as well as any cash grants, child support, social security, unemployment benefits, etc.)
* Applicants must have lost income during the period of April 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
ONGOING HOUSING EVENT:
City of Buffalo Landlord and Tenant Engagement Series
Landlords will learn about the most up-to-date practices during the COVID-19 pandemic, engaging community resources improving tenants' quality of life, and successfully navigating the intricacies of landlord-tenant relationships.
NEXT SESSION WILL TAKE PLACE ON WEDNESDAY JULY 29TH @ 10AM AND WILL COVER INTERFACING WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF PERMIT AND INSPECTIONS SERVICES (DPIS) AND FAIR HOUSING
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A FIRST-TIME HOMEBUYER?
Our Down Payment Closing Costs Assistance Program may be able to help!
** WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS**
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DPCC PLEASE CHECK OUT THE "HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAMS" PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE OR GIVE US A CALL AT (716) 856-8613 EXT.103