What the Old First Ward Community Center Has to Offer
Our Mission Statement
To serve the Old 1st Ward with community based development including economic redevelopment, housing and human services programs with a vision for a New Renaissance.
Nestled in the heart of Buffalo's Historical Old First Ward, the Old First Ward Community Center provides a wide array of programs and services designed to strengthen and support the neighborhood, and respond to the changing needs of our growing and dynamic community.
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8am-9pm year round, with the exception of select holidays. Please reference the Calendar of Events for information on days we are open to the public.
To hear more about what's happening in the Community join us for our Monthly Community Meetings on the third Tuesday of the month at 6 pm in the Senior Room.
Examples of programs and services that we provide and host:
- Programming for Youth
- After school youth program that is free to the public
- Summer youth program that is free to the public
- Programming for Seniors
- Senior transportation services, including weekly senior trips to various area attractions
- Senior bingo and cards
- Senior lunch program which is open to the public
- Anti-Poverty and Wellness Programming
- A food pantry
- The Conway Gym
- Weight room (with gym membership)
- Yoga and callanetics classes
- Housing and Community Development Programming
- Housing rehabilitation programs
- Rental space for events
- So, so, so much more!
- Craft and ceramic classes
Stop in today to become a Old First Ward Community Center Member.
- Membership to the community center is $10 for the year per individual and $5 for seniors.
- We also offer a $50 a year Gym membership that includes use of our weight room, cardio equipment and walking or running laps in our recently remodeled gymnasium when it is unoccupied by other programming.
- General Membership is also a requirement to participate in some of the programs that are offered through the Community Center.