Ohio Virtual Academy
School Counseling Department
Look for our emails and check out the school website: ohva.k12.com
Follow us on Twitter: @OHVACounselors
Follow us on Facebook by "liking" the Ohio Virtual Academy School Counselors
Follow us on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/ocounselors
Find us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ohvacounselors/
Ohio Virtual Academy School Counseling Vision Statement
The Ohio Virtual Academy School Counseling Department believes that all planning and programming is student centered and innovative. We believe every student has something unique to contribute to the school's learning environment. Our counselors are passionate and engaged, and believe every student will experience a safe and nurturing learning environment where they will be inspired to reach their full potential, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our School Counselors, in partnership with parents and learning coaches, will advocate for all students. Students will be empowered to achieve academic success and personal growth, and will develop comprehensive career plans to achieve their goals after leaving the Ohio Virtual Academy, becoming well educated and productive citizens in their local communities.
The School Counselors at Ohio Virtual Academy believe:
1. All students can achieve success.
2. Every student is valuable and should be treated with dignity and respect.
3. All students will have access to high quality school counseling services provided by a full-time licensed, professional school counselor.
4. Student diversity is respected and integral to the design and delivery of school counseling services.
5. All students can expect that the online school environment is safe, nurturing and responsive.
6. The student and parents/learning coaches are responsible for monitoring the student's educational progress with the assistance of a licensed school counselor to evaluate and monitor progress towards graduation requirements.
- Graduation: Saturday, June 6th at 1:00 PM