"The year 2016 marked the first twenty five years of the Trust's history and I think it deserves to be remembered as one of the most successful of those years and one where the work that has been undertaken has been recognised well outside the County."
David Bond, Past Chair of Northamptonshire Gardens Trust
Northamptonshire Gardens Trust is a member of The Gardens Trust, a national charity representing 34 County Gardens Trusts dedicated to the research and conservation of designed landscapes in England and Wales.
Our vision …
To inspire and broaden cultural experiences of landscapes, gardens and parkland.
We aim to …
- encourage a greater awareness of our County’s gardens, parklands and designed landscapes
- research, document and share surveys of the County’s gardens, parklands and landscapes
- foster good relationships between interested parties in the promotion and conservation of those landscapes
- encourage the creation of new parks and gardens
- provide advice on the restoration and maintenance of historic gardens
- learn about great Northamptonshire gardens and the people who shaped them
- encourage a wider, more diverse audience to visit, learn about and enjoy the County’s landscapes.
Organisation of the Trust
President: Susie Pasley-Tyler
Chair/Marketing and PR: Elaine Johnson
Vice Chair/Membership: Gwen Tobin
Treasurer/Company Secretary: Rod Conlon
Secretary: Jenny Burt
Events: David Bond and Jenny Burt
Catering manager: Isabel Gillett
Newsletter editor: Sue Groves
Conservation: Christine Addison
Surveys and research: Elizabeth Taylor
Education: Carol Fitzgerald
The Gardens Trust Voting representative: Adrian Smith .
We endeavour to keep good relationships with local authorities and owners and to watch out for any threats to the historic designed landscapes. Tell us if you have any concerns.
As a newcomer to the county the Gardens Trust was very welcoming and it is nice to be with like minded people. I find it very interesting and didn’t realise the depth and scope of the work carried out.” Brenda