Aktivität 23: Let's create a sustainable Europe together" – Schüler*innenaustausch mit Collège aus Laval / Frankreich
Students' exchange for 20 students with the Collège Pierre Dubois in Laval – France
We would like the "Together, let's create a sustainable Europe" project to enrich our international openness by offering participants the opportunity to communicate in English with members of a EU country, to discover a country that has never been part of an exchange in our school and to meet young Europeans with whom they will be able to forge privileged links before, during and after the mobility. That is why awareness of European values will be an important part of the project.
Students will also improve their digital skills through digital exchanges and activities that will be done before, during and after the mobility. The topic of sustainable development will be unifying and will enlighten our young citizens on the essential issues of the environment. This theme is among the major concerns of our college (E3D label, daily involvement to reduce food waste at the canteen, and launch of the CUBE'S project). The Erasmus+ project will allow us to place it at the heart of our teaching.
We want the participants to progress in their mastery of English by getting involved in a collective and unifying project which will enable them to discover their European identity concretely, to share its values with young Europeans and to reflect with them on a major issue for the EU, sustainable development (SD). In addition to progressing in their digital skills thanks to the activities included in our project, they will deploy transversal skills (knowing, getting information, achieving, communicating, getting involved, living together) and will strengthen those in the field of personal development and citizenship (critical ability, reflection, discernment, commitment, initiatives, personal expression, respect for others, sense of collective life). We want as many students as possible to have access to an exchange to arouse in them the desire to learn from others. We want them to reinvest the results of their work in our school's SD project.
The main activities will be:
1) the correspondence in English to get to know the partners.
2) the research and exchanges on the topic ”getting to know the European Union”.
3) the research and exchanges of work on sustainable development in both countries, in the European Union, within each school.
4) the proposal of concrete ideas to improve sustainable development in each school.
5) the meeting of the Austrian partners to get to know each other better, to exchange verbally on the work carried out during digital exchanges and activities, to debate, to discover the concrete achievements linked to sustainable development in the Austrian school and in the region (for example, visits of companies, museums, buildings).
- We want our students to progress in written and oral English, the language of communication of the project.
- We aim at the personal development of students (discovering commonalities and individual and cultural differences to get to know each other better and accept others, learning to adapt to a new environment).
- We want them to have a deeper knowledge of the European Union to be an informed European citizen.
The other results will be :
- the discovery of a different school system.
- an in-depth knowledge of sustainable development and its challenges in Europe.
- a strong commitment to the project to reflect, understand, share, be creative and ambitious.
- the satisfaction of applying their knowledge of sustainable development by making a concrete and detailed proposal for sustainable development in our school.
- the sharing of their knowledge and results with the non-participating students by making use of the communication skills developed during the project.