Map Designation: 1966
Copyright Date(s): 1966
Description: This is the first map of the series using the blue, white, and purple boarder. The major points on this map are the new Tomorrowland and the inclusion of the attractions that the Disney Company prepared for the 1964-1965 World’s Fair in New York.
Border Color: Blue, white, and purple
Border Characters: None
Size: 36 x 24 inches
How to Identify this Map
This map has a copyright date of 1966 which is in the lower left-hand corner.
Points of Interest
- The new Tomorrowland is unveiled. Tomorrowland in the various parks has been a problem since the tomorrow that we envision today looks antiquated when tomorrow gets here.
- The Rocket to the Moon is gone, but the Flight to the Moon attraction remains.
- Space Mountain appears and the artist’s rendering is similar to the poster that included the hint that the attraction vehicles would go outside and inside the mountain.
- The WEDway People Mover appears.
- United Air Lines continues sponsorship of The Enchanted Tiki Room.
- The show buildings for the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean are shown. In the previous series none of the show buildings were indicated.
- The attractions that were built for the 1964-1965 World’s Fair in New York make their appearance. Including:
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln in the Disneyland Opera House on Main Street,
- General Electric’s Carrousel of Progress in Tomorrowland,
- It’s a Small World in Fantasyland, hosted by Bank of America, and
- The dinosaurs from Ford’s Magic Skyway in their own building along the railroad around the park.
- The eventual form of New Orleans Square, with streets rather than a single square, is visible.