Map Designation: 1964a
Copyright Date(s): 1964
Series: 1958, Sam McKim
Artist: Sam McKim
Description: The first of two maps to carry the 1964 copyright date. See below for identifying features.
Border Color: Green
Border Characters: Yes
Size: 36 x 24 inches
How to Identify this Map
- This map has a copyright date of 1964 which is in the lower left-hand corner.
- The border of this map is green and does not have stars in the border.
Points of Interest
- At long last the poorly received Holidayland circus outside the boundaries of the main park is gone. Ultimately Holidayland was turned into a location to be rented out for company parties. One commentator noted that it was a little odd to come to Holidayland, just outside the gates of Disneyland, hearing all of the fun that people were having inside, and not being able to go inside yourself.
- The tour guides have moved from their home at the center of the park on the hub to their current location next to the Town Hall on the town square at the entrance to Disneyland.
- Stouffer’s has dropped their sponsorship of the Plaza Pavilion at the end of Main Street.
- “Ruggles China and Glass” on Main Street has become simply “China and Glass”
- “Bekins Locker Service” on the Town Square has become “Global Van Lines Locker Service”.