Letters to the national Ramsar focal points
Letters have been sent to the Ministries of Environments of Croatia (Hyla & WWF Adria), Turkey (WWF Turkey), France & Italy (PIM), Malta (Nature Trust) and Greece (WWF Greece), informing about the launch of the MedIsWet project, the Call to Action adopted by 2 scientific congresses (7th EPCN Workshop & 12th SWS Europe Chapter meeting) held in Faro and suggesting that the Med countries should report on their island wetlands conservation results in their Ramsar National Reports. The letters can be found in the relevant MedIsWet sub-page.
Letter to the Greek Ministry of Environment
A letter was sent to the Greek Minister of Environment (and other recipients in the Ministry) regarding the necessity to implement the Biodiversity Law 3937/2011 and procceed to the protection of the island wetlands larger than 8 hectares through a Common Ministerial Decision.
Presenting the project to WWF International and the Ramsar Secretariat
Eva Hernandez (WWF Spain) and Thanos Giannakakis (WWF Greece) attended an one day workshop in Gland, Switzerland on November 27, 2017. The MedIsWet project was presented to 10 people from WWF International (Freshwater Practice) and the Ramsar Secretariat. Also, the participation of the MedisWet partners in the following European Ramsar pre-COP and the Ramsar COP was discussed. More can be found here.
More about MedIsWet project
Useful files have been upload in the "MedIsWet project" section:
- Comprehensive information about the project can be found in the "About" section.
- The final project proposal (FPP submitted to MAVA on June 6th 2017 and other relevant documents (e.g. budgets, activities and outputs, monitoring table, risk and mitigation table, etc) are in the "Proposal" section.
- The people involved in the MedIsWet project and other stakeholder contacts are presented in the "Contact lists" section.
- The yearly report template and the monitoring template that all partners should fill in every six months can be found in the "Monitoring and reporting" section.
- Other files like logos, past inventories, etc can be found in the "File repository" section.
Deliverables & achievements
In the "Activities" section, latest news per action are presented while an archive of all project deliverables and achievements is kept. This section will be frequently updated with latest news.
Mediterranean Island Wetlands Project
Conservation of the island wetlands of the Mediterranean Basin