Judge Jeremiah Sullivan House
For the safety of all at this time, access to our museum properties is currently available only through advanced reservation for prearranged small group tours of 6 or fewer from the same family. Inquiries about tour availability & cost should be made by calling (812) 265-2967 or emailing email@example.com
Built about 1820 and considered Madison’s first mansion, this stately Federal-style structure was home to one of Indiana's early leaders. Virginia-born Sullivan had an esteemed career as a lawyer, Indiana state legislator and State Supreme Court justice. Sullivan is credited with suggesting the name “Indianapolis” for our state capital. Jeremiah Sullivan and his family lived in the home for over 70 years. Owned and operated by Historic Madison, Inc.
Address: 304 W. Second St.