Required Tools for Participation
What you need to bring to every in-person or online meeting:
- a laptop computer (the larger the screen the better, ie. full HD) that:
- can connect to the internet via our location's free wifi.
- for in-person meetings:
- mute your microphone and turn off your speakers - or we will get terrible feedback which will blow out our speakers.
- for online meetings:
- microphone on the computer - mute your microphone if you are not in a quiet location, or if you are eating etc.
- have a web browser installed on your machine, preferably chrome, because we use google hangouts when there are less than 10 participants (uberconference when more).
- Please mute:
- your cell phone
- your computer (since we may do screen sharing).
- Please have the following internet accounts:
- a google account (like gmail or other) for hangouts
- a github.com account for gitter.im
- You may want to bring some bottled water in facilities that allow it.
- No food will be served.
- Please do not bring 'loud' food to the meeting, such as corn or potato chips, or loud crinkly bags that you will manipulate. LOL :)