Who We Are
Slash: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the media con ConneXions. Its biannual mission: to find new fic and vid recs, to seek out new pairings and to pimp your fandoms, to boldly slash all weekend long.
What is ConneXions:
- ConneXions is a Media Con for slashers. We provide a welcoming, fun place for fen to come together and discuss their favorite characters being gay and queer and sexy at each other.
- ConneXions is gen-friendly. Slashers can be fannish in multiple ways. Sometimes we watch a TV show strictly for the show itself. If you don't see a slash pairing, you don't see it, and everyone will respect that.
- ConneXions loves small fandoms. Sometimes an event like this is the only way you can find others who follow your small fandom pairing.
- ConneXions takes place in odd-numbered years in the summer. In 2019, the conventions will be August 16-18.
Who We Are:
- Convention Chair: Kerguelen (The frazzled looking fan in the crown trying to keep everything going)
- Ker's Trusty Assistant: AaronBurrSir (The young one in a crown who is staffing and acting as a gopher)
- Con Chair Emeritus: April Valentine (While our Chair Emeritus is no longer playing an active role in the planning of ConneXions, we felt that her name needed to be included because if it were not for her and Marion, we wouldn't be here.
Why isn't there a Con Com:
ConneXions used to be quite large, but at the moment we are a two - three track convention. With no more than 50 people attending, it was decided that and there not being a dealers room or art show, Kerguelen could do the prep work and rely on the kindness of volunteers when it came time for the actual con weekend.
What are the rules:
ConneXions is a small con and we ask that you be kind to each other.
- You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any convention function.
- Please do not abuse our hotel. Holiday Inn is kindly letting us do door decorations. Please respect their space by not doing anything that would damage their facility. Room Parties and other announcements may also be given to Ker or AaronBurrSir to be added to the app and put on our announcement board.
- Please do not take photos of people unless they have the green camera icon on their badges to indicate that it is okay.
- Use the pronouns chosen by the attendee.
- ConneXions reserves the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you are behaving - in technical terms - like a schmuck. Harassment of any kind, including physically or verbally threatening, annoying, unwelcoming attentions, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of physical force; which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, as well as any boisterous, lewd or generally offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, or profanity, obscene gestures or racial, religious or ethnic slurs will be considered harassment. If people tell you NO, your business with them is done. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you may be removed from the premises and your membership revoked. If you are harassed or if you see someone being harassed, please contact Ker or AaronBurrSir (look for the tiaras). If you don't want to say something in person, please email email@example.com.