Amazingly enough, the answer to this is YES. Of course, there are a few caveats.
- Door decorations cannot come out into the hallway.
- They must not cover the room number.
- They cannot be inappropriate for the general public -- we are not the only ones in this hotel.
- Guests are responsible for any damage that they might do to the door.
- The hotel is Not Responsible if someone else does something to your door decoration -- again, we're not the only people in the hotel.
All that being said, be creative! Be slashy! Last time, we had one room decorated with patriotic pin up fabric by Alexander Henry! Marvel? Trek? Starsky & Hutch?
Unfamiliar with door decorations? Here is a link to the contest entries from Media*West: https://mediawestcon.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/door-decoration-awards-2/