R. GAVIN MAYER SCHOLARSHIP FOR EXCELLENCE IN THEATRE
The R. Gavin Mayer Scholarship for Excellence in Theatre was established in 2006 to provide financial assistance for students who demonstrate excellence in all aspects of the Pomona Performing Arts Program and graduate from Pomona High School. Two scholarships, valued at $500 each, are awarded each year. This is a Catwalk Theatre Guild scholarship. The directors will not review applications or be a part of the decision-making process.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of two high school theatre credits and participated in a minimum of two Pomona High School theatre productions.
- Applicant has been accepted to an accredited college, university, community college, or technical school by the time the award is payable.
- The Scholarship Application Packet must be completed and submitted by the deadline. The packet consists of the following: the cover sheet, the questionnaire with answers on a separate sheet, and letter(s) of recommendation.
- The funds must be used within one year of the award date.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community person must be included with the Application Packet.
- The Selection Committee will consist of five members who represent the Catwalk Theatre Guild: parents (other than those of senior students), faculty, and alumni.
- Should there be a need for more information, the Selection Committee may interview the finalists.
- The recipients will be announced at the Choir/Theatre Awards Celebration to be held in May. Awards will be made to the appropriate school financial aid office.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Packet. Place the title page, cover sheet, questionnaire with answers, and letter(s) of recommendation in a sealed envelope marked "To the attention of the Scholarship Selection Committee" and hand it to the Theatre Directors. The Directors will mark the date received in the presence of the applicant.
- The Application Packet must be received by the second Friday of April. Late applications will not be considered.