SNC LOCAL PLAN PART 2 CONSULTATION
A COPY OF THE EXISTING AND PROPOSED VILLAGE CONFINES MAP CAN BE OBTAINED BY CONTACTING EITHER PAICEL@BTINTERNET.COM OR BY COLLECTION FROM 9 BRADDEN WAY GREENS NORTON BETWEEN 9AM –5PM MONDAY TO THURSDAY
You've been invited to participate in the Pre Submission Draft Local Plan Part 2 consultation by the consultation manager, South Northants Council (Rosalind Brettle).
This consultation is open from 4 Sep 2017 at 09:00 to 10 Nov 2017 at 12:00.
South Northamptonshire Council is commencing a consultation under Regulation 18 Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended) on the ‘Pre-Submission Draft’ of the South Northamptonshire Local Plan Part 2. The document will form part of the development plan for South Northamptonshire sitting alongside the West Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy, Local Plan Part 1 and adopted Neighbourhood Plans.
The Part 2 Plan looks at how the district could develop over the next fifteen years and includes a preferred policy approach.
The document covers:
• policies for housing development
• the potential location of new employment sites • policies on town centres and economic development • policies on community/leisure development and • environmental policies and designations including special landscape areas.
Where to view the documents:
• Online – on the Council’s website at http://www.southnorthants.gov.uk/8470.htm
• Hard copies – can be viewed at the five local libraries – Towcester, Brackley, Roade, Middleton Cheney, Deanshanger (for opening times visit the library pages on the County Council’s website at http://www3.northamptonshire.gov.uk/councilservices/library-service
• Documents can also be made available in different formats upon request.
Ways to get involved:
• Online – read the document and comment on the Council’s online consultation system. This can be found through the planning policy pages at www.southnorthants.gov.uk/planningpolicy. Wherever possible we advise this approach.
• Email your comments and questions to LocalPlanConsultation@southnorthants.gov.uk
• Post your comments and questions to The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester, NN12 6AD
Consultation commences on Monday 04 September and all responses must be received by 12 noon on Friday 10 November 2017.
What happens next?
All comments received during the consultation will be made available for public inspection and will be used to prepare the next round of the Local Plan Part 2, the Submission Plan. This will be published for full consultation in the Spring of 2018.
Head of Strategic Planning and the Economy and Strategic Lead for Growth
Litchborough Road between Church Street and Banbury Lane will be closed from 29th August to 29th November 2017. This is due to subsidence in the carriageway due to an active badger set. The end date for this job could change, however I will inform you as and when I know any further details.
Please find below a screenshot from roadworks.org that shows the extent and the diversion route.
Should you need any further detail, please contact Oliver Sibley of KierWSP on 01604 883400.
St Mary's Church Fete - Save the Date!
Prioritisation Framework consultation and engagement
Northamptonshire County Council is putting a process in place to help make the tough decisions it has to make about what to prioritise – that is, how we share out resources to achieve the best outcomes for our residents and customers. To do this we need to be clearer what we, our residents and partners think is important to bear in mind when deciding between competing priorities. We need your help to clarify our values and principles and use these to develop the framework we will use for prioritising. You can help us in two ways – by completing a survey and/or attending a workshop
1. You can find our survey on the County Council website - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Prioritisation_Stage2
2. You can come to one of 4 workshops that we will be holding around the county, so we can hear from you in person and discuss our principles and values together. Details are available on the Consultation Register - http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/council/consultations/pages/Details.aspx?cid=e8c54bc6-a119-4233-a316-935654276921&returnpage=%2fen%2fcouncilservices%2fcouncil%2fconsultations%2fadmin%2fpages%2fhome.aspx and will be in libraries.
The workshop details are also outlined below. They are open to anyone who wants to attend, without the need to RSVP or let us know in advance.
· 13th March, 10 am to 12 noon, Council Chamber, Bowling Green Road, Kettering, Northants, NN15 7QX
· 13th March, 6.30 to 8.30 pm, Weston Favell Academy, Booth Lane South, Weston Favell, Northampton NN3 3EZ
· 14th March, 6.30 to 8.30 pm, KINGSTHORPE COLLEGE, Boughton Green Rd, Northampton NN2 7HR
· 16th March, 1.30 to 3.30 pm, Pemberton Centre, H.E. Bates Way, Rushden NN10 9YP
· 20th March, 12.30 to 2.30 pm, South Northants Volunteer Bureau, Whittons Lane, Volunteer Centre , Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6YZ
We welcome your contributions and will take all the information we get from this consultation process to develop our own, unique statement of principles and values to feed into the prioritisation framework.”
Best Village Bench
Following Blakesley's success in the Best Village Competition, a bench has been placed on the East Green in the village. This was purchased with the prize money from the competition and has a plaque to commemorate the installation. Many thanks to Claire Travella for organising this and to councillors Mick Gulliman and Nick Burbage for installing it, and to Linda Paice for organising the plaque.
Over 80 people from within and beyond the benefice filled the Village Hall on a cold and frosty January evening. However they all received a traditional warm "Blakesley welcome" with plenty of food and drink. Our speaker was delightful and followed up his talk with a roadshow style session where people brought some of their own silver to show him.
As usual such an event does not happen by itself, so a huge thank you to all the wonderful Blakesley and Woodend people who made food and gave their time to help. Special thanks to the wine sponsors, Savills Plc, enabling us to ensure that all the money raised went straight to St Mary's Church.
We are planning for next year.................
New Cherry Tree on the Green
Jill has planted a new Cherry tree on the Green to replace the one that died last year. It is small but will grow! And is probably in a better position.