• On joining all members will be offered a comprehensive induction instructing them on the correct and safe use of all gym equipment. Agreeing to become a member of Aylsham Community Gym means that members agree to adhere to the Gym Rules. A copy of the Rules will be displayed on the gym notice board.
• Members should treat fellow gym members with courtesy and respect and not use inappropriate or abusive language.
• For safety reasons, bags are not permitted onto the gym floor and correct attire must be worn when exercising i.e. suitable comfortable exercise clothing and appropriate footwear. For hygiene reasons members must change from outdoor shoes to appropriate footwear. Clothing such as jeans, boots, flip-flops/sandals or work wear are not permitted.
• As a courtesy to other members, a small gym towel must be carried to wipe down equipment after use. Or use the wipes provided by the gym.
• Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting the gym. ACG accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
• You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
· Smoking, including e- cigarettes is strictly prohibited in all
areas of the Gym.
• If you are unsure as to how to use any piece of equipment you must seek advice from a qualified member of ACG staff before use of such equipment.
• For safety reasons ensure that weights/bars/bands/kettlebells are put back in their original place when finished.
• Do not misuse the weights by dropping them on the floor.
• Do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post photographs or remarks onto the internet that may identify another member.
• Although we will always endeavour to return any articles of lost property to the owner, we do not take responsibility for any item held in lost property. Such items will be kept until claimed, after a reasonable period of time the items will either be donated to charity or destroyed.
• Members are asked to inform ACG of any change of contact, email address or telephone numbers.
• Members may not bring any pets (other than guide dogs) into the gym.
• Members must arrive promptly for class start times.
• Time on Cardio Equipment. At busy times members should be conscious that other members may wish to use Cardio Equipment. In exceptional circumstances a member may be asked to restrict their time on Cardio Equipment to 10 minutes.