St Joseph Trades Skills Centre is Located at 439 Hoxton Park Road, Hinchinbrook
Proudly part of Good Samaritan Catholic College Ph: 9825-9955
Accepting an offer into a course at St Joseph TSC for 2020
Offers are sent by registered post in the week beginning the 24th November 2019.
To Parents - Once a 'Letter of Offer' has been received please complete the Acceptance Agreement Form.
The acceptance agreement must be completed no later than Monday 9th December 2019, otherwise your position may be offered to another applicant on the waiting list.
Applying for a course at St Joseph TSC for 2020
When applying for an EVET course, students and their parents will need to show that:
- Career pathway planning is integral to the student’s course selection
- The student understands the commitment required, including:
- The completion of all course requirements, including mandatory work placement
- Regular attendance.
- Timetabling issues which may require students to catch up on class work missed at school.
How do I apply?
- Select the course you are interested in from the 'courses' tab at the top of this page. Read about the course and its requirements.
- Complete the EVET Expression of Interest form and give it to your school VET Coordinator. Only applications that are supported by the student’s home school will be considered.
- When your expression of interest has been approved by your school, click on the link below and complete the online application form. (Before applying, you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you don’t already have one, go to https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
- First round applications will close on Friday 6th September 2019.
- Students must investigate courses carefully and attend interviews required by the TSC to ensure they are making well-informed course choices. Some courses also involve completion of a selection test.
- Once applications have been processed the TSC will contact the school to confirm details provided by the student and determine the viability of running courses (subject to there being sufficient student numbers). The TSC will notify school and the parents if the student’s application has been successful and provide further orientation information.
- Once enrolments have been confirmed, the TSC will invoice Systemic Catholic Schools for the student levy. In 2020 the student levy for a 2 unit course is $300 and a 3 unit course $450.
- Non-systemic schools will be invoiced by the Sydney Catholic Schools office.
Good Samaritan Students wanting to apply
- Follow the subject selection process as outlined by the school
- Attend an enrolment interview
- Complete the application form ONLY when you have been notified to do so by the school