St Joseph Trades Skills Centre is Located at 439 Hoxton Park Road, Hinchinbrook
Proudly part of Good Samaritan Catholic College Ph: 9825-9955
Post School VET in 2019
FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE AT ST JOSEPH TSC
Sydney Catholic Schools has been selected by the NSW Government to deliver a range of nationally recognised qualifications. This means we are able to offer extension courses to students, once they have completed their HSC, to finish off Certificate III qualifications and be better prepared to move on to work or further study next year.
These courses are subsidised by the NSW Government under the Smart and Skilled program. Subsidised places are available to students who meet the selection criteria.
In 2019 the course will run from Tuesday 12 November to Wednesday 18 December and will consist of a blend of face-to-face and online delivery. These streamlined courses will give full credit to students for the Units of Competency already completed for the HSC and therefore focus on the additional units needed for the full Certificate III.
Applying for a course at St Joseph TSC for 2020
When applying for an EVET course, students and their parents will need to show that:
- Career pathway planning is integral to the student’s course selection
- The student understands the commitment required, including:
- The completion of all course requirements, including mandatory work placement
- Regular attendance.
- Timetabling issues which may require students to catch up on class work missed at school.
How do I apply?
- Select the course you are interested in from the 'courses' tab at the top of this page. Read about the course and its requirements.
- Complete the EVET Expression of Interest form and give it to your school VET Coordinator. Only applications that are supported by the student’s home school will be considered.
- When your expression of interest has been approved by your school, click on the link below and complete the online application form. (Before applying, you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you don’t already have one, go to https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
- First round applications will close on Friday 6th September 2019.
- Students must investigate courses carefully and attend interviews required by the TSC to ensure they are making well-informed course choices. Some courses also involve completion of a selection test.
- Once applications have been processed the TSC will contact the school to confirm details provided by the student and determine the viability of running courses (subject to there being sufficient student numbers). The TSC will notify school and the parents if the student’s application has been successful and provide further orientation information.
- Once enrolments have been confirmed, the TSC will invoice Systemic Catholic Schools for the student levy. In 2020 the student levy for a 2 unit course is $300 and a 3 unit course $450.
- Non-systemic schools will be invoiced by the Sydney Catholic Schools office.
Good Samaritan Students wanting to apply
- Follow the subject selection process as outlined by the school
- Attend an enrolment interview
- Complete the application form ONLY when you have been notified to do so by the school