Teacher's Training Courses
Classical Yoga Teachers Training Course (200 hours)
GUARANTEED One to One Mentoring (Traditional style teaching with maximum 6 students at ICY&T).
Prior yoga knowledge or experience is not required for this course.
This course is offered on weekdays, weekends. Please see below for details.
- Learn the principles behind Classical Yoga asanas, pranayamas, kriyas and yogic diet,
- Learn to teach the postures including proper alignment, conditioning, meditation and developing body awareness
- Understand and apply Yoga Philosophy in day to day living
- Learn principles of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology: focus on safety, joint movement, range of motion & systems of the body
- Develop skills for designing well-rounded routines, including conditioning, meditation, asanas, pranayamas & relaxation. Integrating yoga into life, a practical approach
- Practice Teaching and Public Speaking
- Gain Confidence in Yourself
The Teachers Training Courses (200 hours)
1. Institute of Classical Yoga & Therapy, Brampton, ON
Weekends: Saturdays 7:30 am - 2:00 pm, 8 September 2018 to 25 May 2019
Weekdays: Mondays 10:00 am - 2:00 pm & Wednesdays 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, 10 September 2018 to 11 March 2019
Please Note: There are NO classes during 3 long weekends.
2. University of Guelph , Guelph, ON
Click Fitness & Recreation - Certifications/yoga
Tuesdays and Sundays 6:00-10:00 pm, 9 September 2018 to 23 April 2019
Advanced Classical Yoga Teachers Training Course (300 hours) in Brampton
Prerequisite: 200 hours Teachers Training Course
- Gain depth into the asanas applying precise techniques methodically suited to individual
- Employing technical skills for pranayamas, pranayamas, bandhas and mudras.
- Effective Kriya yoga meditation and chanting procedures.
- Kriyas for body purification
- Practical approach to build foundation, restructuring and purification of mind tailored to individual. Yamas and Niyamas, Bhagvada Gita and Karma yoga. Yoga Sutras, Samkhya philosophy
- In depth study of the anatomy, physiology and focused on gaining awareness of the muscles
- Intense, rigorous Yoga Teaching program and practice
- Achieving the status of a sadhaka (accomplished yoga practitioner)
Schedule: Starting Saturdays 7:00 am-1:00 pm, 15 September 2018 to 31 August 2019