Shetland Wheelers Time Trial Series 2017
The time trial events and the structure of the year long series will be similar to previous years, with riders free to chose the Laxfirth, 10 mile or 25 mile TTs on both Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings.
Everybody is welcome to come and try any event through the year. If you have been to a few events and are enjoying it, we would appreciate you joining the club. Only club member qualify to win prizes in event or year long series.
||Club events for 2016
Sunday morning TTs - Laxfirth, 10 or 25 mile,
April 2nd to October 28th, 9:30am at Tingwall Hall/TT start.
Tuesday evenings TTs - Laxfirth, 10 or 25 mile,
April 4th to September 24th, 6:30pm at Tingwall Hall
Thursday training events
April 13th to September 21st 6:30pm at Tingwall Hall.
See Facebook group for details, there won't be something on every week.
Annual Handicap TT - 10 miles, Sunday 7th May
Annual Hillclimb - Wormadale Thursday 1st June
The mixture of events counting for the year long series will be as it was in 2015.
All riders will start off in the C group.
- If a rider beats 29:00 for 10 miles, then they move to B group.
- If a rider beats 1:08:00 for 25 miles then they move to A group.
- The C group series will be ranked on the best 2 rides at on the Laxfirth Loop TT and best 10 mile ride.
- The B group series will be ranked on the best 2 rides at on the Laxfirth Loop TT, best 2 ridse at 10 miles, and the best 25 mile ride.
- The A group series will be ranked on the best 2 rides at on the Laxfirth Loop TT, best 3 rides at 10 miles and the best 25 mile ride.
There will be an end of year prize for the fastest rider in each of the 3 groups.