The Point Of Order Parliamentary Law Unit is a local study group of the National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP). This West Seattle unit consists of members with a variety of interests and experience.
Would you like to learn more about holding effective meetings, serving as an officer, improving your group's bylaws, running elections, or other areas of parliamentary procedure? If so, visit us at one of our meetings and consider joining our group.
The Point Of Order Unit has prepared, as a community service, a simple one-page Meeting Procedures Reference Sheet based on the current edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised. To obtain a copy of the reference sheet by e-mail, please e-mail your request.
Regular meetings are held monthly on the fourth Saturday, except in the months of June and July, unless otherwise ordered by the membership or by a 2/3rd vote of the board, 11:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., in West Seattle; see the meeting schedule below. (Meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change.) Meeting locations:
Each meeting follows the standard order of business in Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised (RONR) for unit business, and includes an educational program from RONR. This format provides each member with opportunity to both learn and practice parliamentary procedure.
The meeting schedule, subject to change, is:
* Sat., Aug. 2, 2014, 1:00pm; in conjunction with the WSAP 10:30am-4:00pm Board Meeting, at: Issaquah Public Library, 10 W. Sunset Way, Issaquah WA; Ph: 425-392-5430.
* Sat., Sep. 27, 2014, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Oct. 11, 2014, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Nov. 22, 2014, 11:15am, Southwest Branch Library
* Cancelled: Sat., Dec. 27, 2014, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Jan. 24, 2015, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Feb. 28, 2015, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Feb. 28, 2015, 1:30pm, Public Workshop, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Mar. 28, 2015, 11:15am Annual Meeting, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Apr. 18, 2015, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., May 16, 2015, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Sat., Aug 22, 2015, 11:15am, High Point Branch Library
* Note regarding each meeting held at a branch library: This event is not sponsored by The Seattle Public Library.
Here are some links of interest to current and prospective members:
Next workshop will be:
Parliamentary Procedure for
Condo and Homeowner
Feb. 28, 2015, 1:30-3:00pm
Sign up for our Meeting Tips and Myths to ensure that you are notified of future workshops.
4th Saturday of month at 11:15 a.m.
To obtain a complimentary copy of the Meeting Procedures Reference Sheet by e-mail, please e-mail your request.
Home | Bylaws