For school principals and teachers interested in topics such as, school development, cooperation in and among schools and leadership, the following sources and events may be interesting:
- The “Forum Leadership in der Lehrerbildung” (Forum Leadership in Teacher Training), is an annual, German speaking conference, held in Berlin. It is dealing with topics like school development and teachers’ participation in these processes.
- Every second year, the “World Education Leadership Symposium (WELS)” offers a broad programme related to questions of school leadership. It can be useful to deepen knowledge and to get a hands on training concerning specific methods, e.g. for team development. It also deals with developments schools are confronted with, like digitalisation, healthy schools or refugee migration. The WELS is mainly held in German, but there is an English programme strand as well a French one.
- Especially focusing PLCs, the following website is a real treasure box, containing scientific articles on PLCs as well as material that can help, successfully running a PLC: http://www.allthingsplc.info/about.
For more information about:
- DZLM – PIKAS: Kooperation in Professionellen Lerngemeinschaften: https://pikas.dzlm.de/material-allgemeine-schulentwicklung/kooperation-professionellen-lerngemeinschaften
- Bundeszentrum für Lernende Schulen (ZLS): https://www.lernende-schulen.at/
- Cooperation with PLCs:
- DeMatthews, D. (2014). Principal and Teacher Collaboration: An Explo-ration of Distributed Leadership in Professional Learning Communities. International Journal of Educational Leadership and Management, Vol. 2(2), 176-206. doi: 10.4471/ijelm.2014.16
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., & Many, T. (2010). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work, (2.ed.). Bloomington: Solution Tree Press.
- Feger, Stephanie/Arruda, Elise (2008): Professional learning communities: Key themes from the literature. https://www.brown.edu/academics/education alliance/sites/brown.edu.academics.education-alliance/files/publications/PBS_PLC_Lit_Review.pdf (Abfrage: 27.07.2019)
- Hord, S. (1997). Professional Learning Communities: Communities of Continuous Inquiry and Improvement. Austin: SEDL.
- Owen, S. (2014). Teacher professional learning communities: Going be-yond contrived collegiality toward challenging debate and collegial learning and professional growth. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, 54 (2), S. 54-77. http://search.proquest.com/docview/1547708625?accountid=14800.
- Stoll, L., Bolam, R., McMahon, A., Wallace, M. & Thomas, S. (2006) Professional Learning Communities: A Review of the Literature. Journal of Educational Change, 7 (4), S. 221-258.
- Warwas, J. & Helm, C. (2018). Professional learning communities among vocational school teachers: Profiles and relations with instruc-tional quality. Teaching and Teacher Education, 73, S. 43-55.
- Vorarlberger Schulpreis: https://schulpreis.vobs.at/index.php?id=78
- BPB: Gesellschaft der Vielfalt: https://www.bpb.de/lernen/digitale-bildung/werkstatt/260012/gesellschaft-der-vielfalt
- Österreichisches Zentrum für Begabtenförderung und Begabungsforschung (ÖZBF): https://www.oezbf.at/das-oezbf/
- USC- University of Southern California: Tools for Teaching Diversity: https://rossier.usc.edu/tools-for-teaching-diversity/
- WISE – Working to improve schools and education: https://www.ithaca.edu/wise/
- School development by teachers learning:
- Robinson, V., Hohepa, M. & Lloyd, C. (2009). School Leadership and Student Outcomes: Identifying What Works and Why. Best evidence syn-thesis iteration. Wellington: New Zealand Ministry of Education. http://www.curee.co.uk/files/publication/1260453707/Robinson%20Summary%20Extended%20Version.pdf. (05.01.17).
- Senge, P. M. (2006). The fifth discipline: The art and practice of the learning organization (Completely Updated and Revised). New York: Currency Doubleday.
- Lesson studies:
- Simón, C., Echeita, G. & Sandoval, M. (2018). Incorporating students’ voices in the ‘Lesson Study’ as a teacher-training and improvement stra-tegy for inclusion/ Laincorporacióndelavozdelalumnadoa-la‘LessonStudy’comoestrategiadeformacióndocenteymejoraparalainclusión, Cultura y Educación, 30:1, 205-225, DOI:10.1080/11356405.2017.1416741
- Dudley, P. (2015). Lesson Study: Ein Handbuch. Übersetzung aus dem Englischen von E. W. Gierlinger und T. Wagner. Abgerufen am 08.10.19 unter http://lessonstudy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Handbook-Lesson-Study_German-Version-2015.pdf. Zugriff am 08.10.19.