The DscServer eliminates the need to use a 3rd party monitoring service (or serves as a backup service). You run the DscServer on a dedicated device such as a low end android phone or tablet (see Running MPP Servers), or a PC/Mac/Linux/RaspberryPi) system that remains connected to your local network (see DscServer (Java)).
The DscServer provides monitoring with alerts, remote access, and works as a "fan-out" server. Unlike the envisalink, the DscServer supports multiple simultaneous connections.
- Secure/encrypted remote client connections (for the DscKeypad)
- Direct connection providing immediate security system status
- Central location for customizing your system such as zone and partition labels
- Reduced network load and better keypad app performance (unused zones and partitions are filtered from the data stream)
- Elimination of the eyez-on notification for "TPI Login" when the keypad app is started; eyez-on messages will now reflect true connect/disconnects
- Personal web page for browser monitoring and control of DSC panel
- Self monitoring with immediate notifications:
- alarms and trouble
- configurable zone opening/restore
- loss of connection with the envisalink card
- phone/tablet power loss
- phone/tablet wifi connectivity loss
- midnight status check-in (to confirm connectivity daily)
- Monitoring via SMS messages or email (including email to SMS)
- SMS messages notify you of alarms or trouble even if your internet connection is cut
- Remote access and authorization (your own account) via Google Drive using the DscClient
- Persistent security system event logging and archiving to Google Drive spreadsheets.
- Voice integration with Alexa and/or Google Assistant (including remote access) using IFTTT.
This app works (only) with an Envisalink 2DS/3DS/EVL4 type cards from eyezon connected to a DSC Power System Panel and LAN wired into your switch or router. Use of the eyezon cloud service is not required.
Remember, DO NOT expose your Envisalink IP connection to an unprotected network; communication provided by the card is not secure. Expose (port forward) the secure port (only) to outside your secure network (after registering the clients you will allow).