This is how we do our Christmas light show.
Below are the steps involved in putting together our computerized Christmas light display:
- We select and purchase the songs we wish to use in our show.
- We use Audacity software to make song CBR. (Done by converting MP3 to WAV)
- Using Light-O-Rama S2 software we program the song sequences that control turning the lights on and off in sync with the music.
- The song sequences are put into show and then scheduled on a computer.
- The computer is connected to a small, hobbiest radio set to broadcast on 106.9 FM. Connected using a regular, old 1/8 audio cable.
- The computer is also connect to Light-O-Rama controllers (CTB16PC). Each controller has 16 channels. Each channel controls one segment of the show. Connected via USB to a "USB to RS485B" converter, from there connected by CAT 5 to a controller.
- The controllers are daisy chained together with CAT 5 cables.