A Hellenistic Bibliography
Welcome to the Hellenistic Bibliography – a bibliography on post-classical Greek poetry and its influence
The pages on this site were compiled from a database containing ca. 20,500 records, last updated in July 2012. It is organised in the following sections:
- Hellenistic Poets – active between ca. 323 and 31 BCE
- Imperial Greek Poets – active between ca. 31 BCE and the 6th century CE
- Epigrammatists – spanning from the 4th century BCE to the Byzantine age
- Pre-Hellenistic poets – the influence of Archaic and Classical poets on later Greek poetry
- Latin Poets – focusing on their connections with post-classical Greek poetry
- History – currently limited to Alexander the Great
Credits and History
- This resource was created during a Postdoctoral Fellowship funded by the Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO). It was hosted by the University of Leiden from 1997 until 2009, moving to the old Google Sites in 2010. Content published in July 2012 was migrated to the new Google Sites platform in June 2018.
- The Hellenistic Bibliography project is currently supported by Trinity College Dublin’s School of Histories and Humanities, Trinity Long Room Hub and Manuscript, Book and Print Culture research theme. Content and platform updates are in progress.
- I am grateful to the many colleagues who sent me notifications and offprints over the years. Special thanks are due to Enrico Magnelli (University of Florence), whose substantial additions and corrections have improved many pages.