Best paper awards:
- North America Regional Journal of Eminence 2016
A significant part of IBM's culture is recognizing the impact that IBMers have had on the world by sharing their technical expertise and applying it to create value. This is an integral part of our heritage and every year IBMers across the world are recognized inside and outside of IBM for their technical achievements. The IBM External Honors Board and IBM Corporate Technology are sponsoring the Regional Journal of Eminence initiative to broaden all IBMers' awareness of ways to earn eminence by celebrating technical IBMers across the world who have earned external eminence.
- ANTS Best Poster Award 2015
The paper “Self-Heating Characterization of SOI FinFETs using 2D Time-Resolved Emission” was voted the best poster at the Albany Nanotechnology Symposium, Albany, NY.
- Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award 2015
The Optical Society (OSA) awarded the work for the development and characterization of the Logical Analysis Tool that detects photon emissions from integrated circuits fabricated in advanced process technologies with operating voltages down to 0.5V.
Since 1989, OSA has presented the Engineering Excellence Award annually to recognize teams who have made major contributions in optical engineering, such as product engineering, process and software development, and patent development, as well as contributions to society such as engineering education, publication and management, and furthering public appreciation of optical engineering.
- ISTFA Best Poster Award 2014
The paper “Applications and Techniques for 2D Picosecond Imaging for Circuit Analysis” was voted the best poster at the Proc. of International Symposium for Testing and Failure Analysis (ISTFA), Houston, TX.
- AMD/CICC Student Scholarship Award 2008
The paper “A High
Sensitivity Process Variation Sensor Utilizing Sub-threshold
Operation” was one of the highest rated student papers submitted at the Custom
Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, CA.
- IEEE-EDS Paul Rappaport Award 2004
The paper “Testing and
Diagnostics of CMOS Circuits Using Light Emission
from Off-State Leakage Current” was voted the best paper appeared among
the 330 papers published on the IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices in
This award was established in 1984 to honor the author(s) of the best
paper that has appeared in an IEEE Electron Device Society (EDS)
publication in the preceding calendar year. It is presented annually at
the International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM).
- ESREF Best Paper Award 2004
The paper “Testing of Ultra Low Voltage VLSI Chips using the
Superconducting Single-Photon Detector (SSPD)” was voted the best paper
at the European Symposium Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure (ESREF), Zurich, Switzerland.
- ESREF Best Paper Award 2002
The paper “Optical diagnosis of excess IDDQ in low power CMOS circuits”
was voted the best paper at the European Symposium Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure (ESREF), Rimini, Italy.
IBM internal awards:
- A-level Accomplishment Award 2014
- Outstanding Technical Achievement Award in 2014
- Research Division Technical Group Award in 2003
- The IBM Research Division Technical Group Awards was established to recognize leadership, rapid execution and exceptional teamwork in today’s business environment.
The award recognizes contributions to inventing and utilizing a new emission technique for eliminating latchup problems in CMOS technologies.
- Patent Plateaus in 2005 (1st), 2008 (2nd, 3rd), 2010 (4th), ..., 2014 (7th), ... 2016 (9th)
- The award is issued on the forth filed patent application and recognizes innovation capabilities.
- Bravo! Award in 2003 and 2004
award is a monetary prize from the management to recognize exceptional
commitment, contributions and results on a technical issue relating IBM
- Thanks! Award in 2004 (1), 2005 (2), 2006 (3), 2007 (2), and 2008 (1)
award is issued from peers in recognition of exceptional help provided
to them in their research activities, above and beyond normal team
Additional external recognition: