From: Art of Gluten-Free Baking
Yield: 6 servings
NOTE: the ideal ratio of brown rice to cooking water is 2 parts rice to 3 parts water.
- 2 C Short-grained brown rice
- 3 C water
- Pour water into a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Add rice, stir once to make sure rice is distributed.
- Place lid on pot, lower heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer until done--about 20 minutes. It\'s important that you do not bother the rice! No peeking! Let it cook in peace (this bit of wisdom comes from Mollie Katzen).
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Eat plain or with wheat-free tamari or with soup.
- To store: cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.