NEW TOWN OF YORK
135 GEORGE STREET SOUTH TORONTO M5A 4E8
- Describes the New Town of York - MTCC 573 - and gives a brief history of our location. There is also a link to the Condominium Act, which governs us. The Declaration, By-Laws and Rules of all Condominium Corporations in Ontario must be in conformity with the Act.
- This page has contact information for the Property Manager, Superintendent and Emergency Assistance.
- Provides access to a copy of the Declaration of MTCC 573. The Declaration is prepared when a Condominium Corporation is created and is its 'constitution.' It must be in conformity with the Act and is extremely difficult to amend.
- The New Town of York currently has three By-laws, this page provides access to them. By-Laws must be in conformity with the Act and the Declaration. By-law changes are proposed by the Board but require a favourable vote of over 50% of all Units to be effective. By-Laws are registered on title at the Land Registry Office.
- The New Town of York has Rules that aim to make living here pleasant for everyone, the current Rules can be accessed here. The Board has the authority to adopt Rules governing the use and occupation of the Units and Common Elements, to promote the safety, security and welfare of owners and to protect the assets of the Corporation. Rules must be in conformity with the Act and the Declaration and come into effect after owners have been given a 30-day period during which they can requisition a meeting to over-turn them by a majority owner vote.
- This page provides general information on living at the New Town of York and answers some common questions. Residents and owners and potential purchasers are urged to consult it before contacting the Superintendent, the Property Manager or a Board member.
- About every 6 weeks the Board of Directors of MTCC 573 produces Highlights, these are emailed to owners and residents. This page provides access to copies of recent editions of Highlights.
- This page provides links to the websites of local groups and of the City of Toronto, the TTC and Toronto Hydro etc.
- From time to time the Board and the Property Manager distribute information to owners and residents. This page provides copies of documents which are of continuing interest. It also has links to pdf versions of the plans of our building and copies of the original 1981 sales brochures of the Units.
- MTCC 573 has a number of forms that are needed to, among other things, reserve the lounge, reserve an elevator, apply for permission to renovate or make alterations to a Unit and for informing the Corporation of rentals or changes in the names of the Residents of a Unit.
- pdf versions of all our forms are available here. Most need to be signed so you will need to print them out. They can be submitted on paper (to the Superintendent) or online to the Secretary or Property Manager.
Site problems? Contact webmaster
A 2015 aerial shot, courtesy of Edward Skira (UrbanToronto)
The above photograph was taken on The Esplanade at the bottom of George Street in 1932
Ariel view of our neighbourhood from early 1970's, New Town of York is on site of the red and white building east of the south St Lawrence Market.(There is a photo of this building, The Diner, on the Introduction page of this website.)