Visual and Performing Arts Pathway Overview
The Visual and Performing Arts Pathways are for students who wish to unlock their creative potential or enjoy taking a hands-on learning approach developing their artistic spirit. If you are creative and talented and have a passion for music or art, consider one of the pathways in Visual and Performing Arts. By following the coursework in a pathway, you will improve your technique and skill.
Most students trained in Visual and Performing Arts are persistent, disciplined, and hard working. They have passion and are determined to achieve their best. Students who pursue the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway can choose one of the following areas of concentration:
Honor Cord Requirements for the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway
An honor cord signifying your academic achievement in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway will be awarded to students who complete the following requirements:
- Completion of required and elective courses in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway with an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum overall 2.5 GPA in all high school courses.
- Portfolio composed of a culmination of artwork created throughout the pathway.
- Art Education Pathway students are required to submit a written teaching philosophy statement and complete observation hours.
- Studio Art and Digital Art students are required to submit a written artist’s statement.