Studio Art Pathway
The Studio Art Pathway aims progressively to provide students with the means to undertake self-direction work within a broad range of disciplines. The structure of the Studio Art Pathway provides a means by which students can contextualize their work while forming a knowledge and understanding of fine art practice.
Honor Cord Requirements for the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway
An honor cord signifying your academic achievement in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway will be awarded to students who complete the following requirements:
- Completion of required and elective courses in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway with an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum overall 2.5 GPA in all high school courses.
- Portfolio composed of a culmination of artwork created throughout the pathway.
- Art Education Pathway students are required to submit a written teaching philosophy statement and complete observation hours.
- Studio Art and Digital Art students are required to submit a written artist’s statement.