The Music Pathway is designed to prepare students to play instruments or sing for live audiences and in recording studios. Musicians and singers often perform in settings such as concert halls, arenas, and clubs. They perform in a variety of styles such as Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classical, Hip-Hop, etc. Students in the Music pathway should choose one of the following options:
Honor Cord Requirements for the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway
An honor cord signifying your academic achievement in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway will be awarded to students who complete the following requirements:
- Completion of required and elective courses in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway with an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum overall 2.5 GPA in all high school courses.
- Portfolio composed of a culmination of artwork created throughout the pathway.
- Art Education Pathway students are required to submit a written teaching philosophy statement and complete observation hours.
- Studio Art and Digital Art students are required to submit a written artist’s statement.