Art Education Pathway
The Art Education Pathway focuses on preparing students who are interested in exploring a career in the visual arts education field. Students will be exposed to instruction and experiences to develop competencies in teaching and grading in art education. In addition, students will be required to complete observation hours in an art classroom environment through our job shadowing program. These hours will be completed at a local school.
Honor Cord Requirements for the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway
An honor cord signifying your academic achievement in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway will be awarded to students who complete the following requirements:
- Completion of required and elective courses in the Visual and Performing Arts Pathway with an overall 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum overall 2.5 GPA in all high school courses.
- Portfolio composed of a culmination of artwork created throughout the pathway.
- Art Education Pathway students are required to submit a written teaching philosophy statement and complete observation hours.
- Studio Art and Digital Art students are required to submit a written artist’s statement.