College Credit Plus
College Credit Plus is a program sponsored by the state of Ohio in which students can take college classes that will count toward both high school and college credit.
If you are considering participating in this program for the 2021-2022 school year you need to turn in the INTENT TO PARTICIPATE Form by May 1st, 2021.
Registration for 2021-2022:
Summer Opens on March 22nd
Fall on March 29th
Requirements for Admittance
7, 8, 9th - 3.0 unweighted GPA AND take the English placement test and score a 5 or higher.
10, 11, 12th - 3.0 unweighted GPA only. Math placement test if they need it for the class they want to take.
If a student does NOT have the 3.0, then they must take the Math placement test and score a 46 minimum in order to be accepted with funding. If they want ENG 1010 or any class that requires placement into ENG 1010 then they must also take the English placement test and score of a 5 or higher.
SAT/ACT Scores: New students who submit qualifying ACT or SAT scores from within the last two years are not required to take English, ESL, or math placements tests. If you have qualifying scores, log in to your ACT or SAT account to send your test scores electronically or submit your unofficial test scores to firstname.lastname@example.org. Test scores are valid for course placement for two years from the test date.
Qualifying ACT Scores: English: 18 or higher; math: 21 or higher
Qualifying SAT Scores: English: 480 or higher; math: 520 or higher
NEW CCP STUDENTS:
Follow the steps below if you plan to pursue CCP:
2. Create an accont and Apply online to the CCP program.
3. Depending on grade level requirements for program admittance (see above) Take the college’s placement tests no later than early April. Check with college for hours/requirements.
4. Once accepted into the program, schedule a meeting or email your counselor to complete the online Authorization Form. An Authorization Form is required each semester prior to scheduling your classes at Tri-C.
6. Make an appointment at the college to register for college classes BEFORE SCHOOL IS OUT IN JUNE!!!
RETURNING CCP STUDENTS:
Follow the steps below if you want to continue CCP:
1. Schedule a meeting or email your counselor which classes you want to take for the upcoming semester to complete the online Authorization Form. An Authorization Form is required each semester prior to scheduling your classes at Tri-C.
2. Once complete, you will be sent an email instructing you to make an appointment with your assigned college academic counselor to insure that the courses you have chosen will fulfill your degree or certificate requirements.
3. Register for your 2021-2022 CCP courses online BEFORE SCHOOL IS OUT IN JUNE!!!