Level One Training
It's time to Take a Break...
Google Drive or Google Docs
6 Big Things to Know about Google Docs
Google Classroom Discussion: What are some collaborative lesson ideas that can be used in the classroom?
Round Robin Discussion Time!
- What is the Difference Between Copyright and Fair Use?
- What is Creative Commons and Practical Classroom Uses?
- What is a Digital Footprint? What Can We Do to Make Ours Positive?
- Online Bullying: What do we, as educators need to know? Add resources for us.
- What are Privacy Settings? Which would you recommend for adults? For Students?
Sources on the Internet: How do we know if they are accurate/false? Best practices for teaching students. Got Credibility
Getting Back in Gear
Let's chat in groups. Talk about the elements of yesterday’s sections that seemed most interesting. Share around the room. Do you all have any questions? Want to see anything again?
What Time is It?
What do you NEED to Know?
-Labels (no "Folders" in Gmail)
-Tasks (your to-do list)
-Settings (Vacation Reminders, Signature)
-Labs (Canned Responses)
This has saved my life more times than I can count...
-Difference between "Calendar" and "Event"
-Create an event?
The New Google Sites
*this was literally released to the public a week ago
What Comes Next?
Getting Ready for the
Level 1 Exam
Review your self-check from yesterday. What do you now know?
There are two avenues for being ready for the exam
(1) connecting with colleagues at least weekly between the workshop and the exam to discuss what you're learning.
(2) looking up tutorials on YouTube.
Take a closer look at the resources on the Google Level 1 site. Be sure to take a few minutes to look at something on that page daily - even a few minutes of poking around can keep things fresh in your mind.
Remember - It takes 24-48 hours for your Exam to be ready
You have ONE WEEK to take it once your exam is done.
You must score above 80% to pass
Take it in an "Incognito Window" (Command-Shift-N on your Macbooks)
Pin the tab with the Exam in it to your Chrome Browser so you don't accidentally close it
Take the exam OFF Campus if in Kentucky (Gmail Won't Open...)
It's HALF multiple choice/HALF performance tasks
"Open Internet" Exam.