This year, PharmedOut is reprising last conference’s hit abstract slam for graduate and health professional students, residents, and fellows.
The process will be competitive: chosen presenters will have 3-5 minutes to present their original research during a conference session. Abstracts on prescription opioid use, opioid promotion, opioid use disorder, medication-assisted treatment, and closely related topics will be considered. Presenters chosen for the abstract slam will receive free registration to the conference. A limited number of partial travel stipends are available. Presenters will be eligible for an award, chosen by audience vote.
How to Submit
Please submit your abstract in the following form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com or by phone (202) 687-1191.
- Abstracts may be submitted by graduate or healthcare students in any field, residents, or fellows. All authors must be listed as well as the name of the faculty mentor.
- Abstracts must be original, unpublished work. You may use a previous presentation - you will not be disqualified.
- Scientific abstracts should be 750 words or less and be in the following general format:
*Note: Social science abstracts can be in a different format.
4. Graphics (tables, charts, graphs) may be included in the abstract, but please limit them to a minimum.
5. Please list author affiliations and all conflicts of interest of any kind. If there are no disclosures, please indicate this by adding “no conflicts of interest” to each author’s affiliations.
6. The author who submits the abstract to the conference is responsible for relaying information regarding the abstract and its submission to the other authors.