The MSB Technology Center exists to serve the IT needs of the MSB community of students, faculty and staff. As such MSBTC should be the first, and hopefully last, stop for any MSB user with an IT related issue. It is a service that is unique to Georgetown in that MSB users have a dedicated IT staff and Help Desk.
MSB users interact with both MSB-only IT services and with services provided by the University Information Systems (UIS). Despite this, MSBTC should be the first choice in resolving issues. MSBTC can either correct the problem or assist in getting the attention of UIS Help Desk personnel. In many cases MSB users have services UIS is not prepared to address. Thus, it is important to contact MSBTC first.
MSBTC can assist with:
- Computer hardware problems up to and including warranty repair for many vendors.
- Software installation for many MSB programs like Qualtrics, Minitab, SAS and others.
- Access to many business databases.
- Software maintenance and update including reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
- Anti-virus and Trojan issues.
- Loan of computer hardware including laptops and video equipment.
- Advice on personal IT purchases.
- AV support for events including on-line events (Web-conferencing) and teleconferences.
- Network account problems such as password changes.
- Use of MSB specific program like EMS and Novell mapped drives.
MSBTC strives to be available for person-to-person connections with one call or one e-mail. We encourage you to become familiar with the services we offer and solicit any feedback you may wish to provide.
- For all event requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org AT LEAST 48 hours before the time of your event
- In the email, please include the location of the event, time of the event, and technology needed such as a laptop, projection, projection with audio, powerpoint advancer or microphones