Parent Participation and Experiences
Garden Nursery School is entirely run by parents, two classroom teachers and our program Director. Parental participation is essential. Parents work alongside staff in every facet of school functioning; they assist in the classroom, run admissions, raise funds, purchase supplies and maintain the facility.
Parents help to foster the GNS sense of community and pride by helping to:
- Parent-help in the classroom
- Participate in school clean-ups
- Attend parent-teacher training (one evening in the beginning of the academic year) and general GNS meetings (approximately 3 per year)
- Fill a cooperative job (one per family). Each family is encouraged to hold a board position for at least one year during their time at the school.
- Participate in fundraising endeavors