Life at GNS
Through an emergent curriculum that emphasizes learning through play, our students discover the world around them, explore their creativity and imagination and build upon their confidence and social skills.
Play and social-emotional development are the heart of the curriculum, and the day is designed to provide a combination of structured activities and self-directed play.
Our Physical Space
Garden Nursery School's physical space is broken into many parts.
Garden Nursery School is entirely run by parents and the two staff members.
A Typical Day
Daily life at GNS is lightly structured, but follows a predictable routine.
- 8:30-9:00: Optional Early Bird program drop-off
- 8:45-9:00: Arrival and family reading in the cubby room
- 9:00-10:00: Free Play
- 10:00-10:20: Clean up and Dance Party
- 10:20-10:50: Hand washing and Snack
- 10:50-11:00: Bathroom/Diapering
- 11:00-11:45: Outside time
- 11:45-12:00: Meeting
- 12:00-12:15: Small Groups
- 12:20-12:30: Story
- 12:30-12:55: Lunch
- 12:55-1:00: Goodbye Meeting
- 1:00-3:00: Optional extended day program
NOTE: The times above are approximate and change to meet the needs of the children.