Life at GNS
A Typical Day at GNS
When families arrive in the morning, they gather in the cubby room to read books and socialize. Children, parents and younger siblings then enter the classroom where they are greeted by the teachers who have set up a variety of activities and projects in each area. Parents and siblings participate for the beginning and then say their goodbyes.
Free play lasts for at least an hour, giving the children ample time to join in dramatic play, create art projects, build structures, explore at the water table, write or draw in their journals and so on. After cleaning up, the children come together for our Dance Party while the parent helper of the day gets things ready for snack. Snack follows, and then the children head outside to play in our backyard.
When the children come back inside, they choose more structured, small group activities to participate in. The children then eat lunch together and the day ends with a goodbye meeting before departing for home.
Some children stay on for an optional extended day program which includes a rest period and quiet afternoon play.
New in 2017-2018 is an optional "Early Bird" drop-off program that starts 30 minutes earlier. Contact the GNS office at email@example.com if this program might be of interest to your family
- 8:30-9:00: Optional Early Bird program drop-off
- 8:45-9:00: Arrival and family reading in the cubby room
- 9:00-10:00: Free Play
- 10:00-10:20: Clean up and Dance Party
- 10:20-10:50: Hand washing and Snack
- 10:50-11:00: Bathroom/Diapering
- 11:00-11:45: Outside time
- 11:45-12:00: Small groups
- 12:00-12:15: Story and hand washing
- 12:15-12:45: Lunch
- 12:45-1:00: Goodbye Meeting
- 1:00-3:00: Optional extended day program
NOTE: The times above are approximate and change to meet the needs of the children.