Time Management Form
Hours of Homework/Week
Course Selection: High School Students
Course selection (the process by which students select courses for next school year) will begin in January 2021. Students, in collaboration with their parents, will select courses and enter their requests into the four-year plan (Career Plan) in Skyward. This plan must be signed annually by both student and parent. Course requests are pulled from the Career Plan.
- Date TBD -- Information session for sophomores during Chemistry and IPC class periods
- Date TBD -- Information session for juniors during English class periods
- Date TBD -- Information session for freshmen during Biology class periods
Additionally, counselors meet briefly one-on-one with freshmen and sophomore students through English class to answer questions and assist with four-year-planning and course selection.
Learn about elective options ...
In February, Westlake students will attend an Electives Fair during their math class; this is an opportunity to explore elective offerings across the curriculum. Changes can be made to four-year-plans in Skyward until February XX, 2021 (course requests are pulled from the four-year-plan, which is called the "Career Plan" in Skyward).
Course Selection: Rising 9th Graders
For students who will be transitioning to ninth grade, course selection begins with a transition night for parents that also features an Electives Fair for students and parents to explore. Subsequently, counselors will visit both middle schools to share information with students and assist with course selection and building a four-year-plan in Skyward (where it's called the Career Plan).
- February 2021 -- Freshman Transition Night at Westlake in the PAC
- February 2021 -- Counselors go to Hill Country Middle School
- February 2021 -- Counselors go to West Ridge Middle School
March XX, 2021 is the deadline for students to complete the four-year-plan in Skyward (course requests for 2021-22 are pulled from this, which is called the "Career Plan" in Skyward).