Rolling DIY Makerspace
Welcome to our Rolling DIY Makerspace site! If you're new here, check out our About page. If you want to know what changes are underway, keeping reading below.
Looking for Something?
Are you looking for a page that describes...
- Our inventory? Click Here
- Rotation schedule? Click Here
- Usage policy? Click Here
- Equipment training? Click Here
- Who to talk to?
April 20, 2019
We have made quite a few purchases before the end of our 2nd year of the Rolling Library DIY grant.
- A/V Lab: We have added some new musical equipment to the lab to give the lab a well-rounded purpose. The new equipment includes a 6-string full-size guitar, a 61-key electronic keyboard, a rhythm machine for drum beats, a loop recorder for real-time music production, and a vocoder for fancy vocal effects. These new additions present patrons a chance to record solo or ensemble performances using equipment already in the lab.
- Woodworking Lab: Additional equipment was added to the woodworking lab after more clearly defining the projects the libraries could support. We now have a circular saw, a jigsaw, and a planer. We also have more hand-powered tools and ancillary equipment to keep up with a wide range of projects.
- Cooking Lab: We finally have some equipment in our cooking lab. Many of the large purchases have been deferred to a possible third year of the grant, but we at least have the equipment necessary for each library to host demonstrations with some classroom collaboration. The most notable items are a convection oven, immersion blenders, pasta rollers, cake decoration kits, sushi mats, knives, and towels.