- I use thinking routines and structures to help students organize their thinking.
- I use thinking routines flexibly, spontaneously, and effectively to deepen students’ understanding.
- I am good at matching a routine with appropriate content so that students are able to achieve a deeper level of understanding.
- Have thinking routines become patterns of behavior in my classroom; that is, do students know particular routines so well that they no longer seek clarification about the mechanics of the routine, instead going straight to the thinking.
- Students use routines and structures to further their understanding and as a platform for discussion, rather than as work to be done.