- I ensure that rich thinking opportunities are woven into the fabric of my teaching and that students aren’t just engaged in work or activity
- I focus on students’ attention on big subject matter issues, important ideas in the world, and meaningful connections within my discipline and beyond.
- I provide students with opportunities to direct their own learning and become independent learners.
- I take pains to select content and stimuli for class consideration in order to provoke thinking.
- I provide opportunities to reflect on how one’s thinking about a topic has changed and developed over time.