Cultures of Thinking
"Students see us in our glory and ignobility. However, rather than seeking to hide our weaknesses, struggles, and shortcomings - which students will inevitably see and notice anyway - we can open ourselves up authentically to our students and show them what it means to be an ongoing learner."
Ron Ritchhart 2016
- Thinking is regularly on display (my own as well as students) in the classroom.
- I demonstrate my own curiosity, passion, and interests to students.
- I display open-mindedness and a willingness to consider alternate perspectives.
- It is clear that I am learning too, taking risks, and reflecting on my learning.
- Students model their thought process by spontaneously justifying and providing evidence for their thinking.
How to Teach Your Child by Example-Topic Overview.pdf