Join the team
From East Activities Office (sorry sign up is so confusing):
Welcome back to East High School Activities!
We are looking forward to an exciting new year with Activities and Sports!!!
It's time to get your sports registration in for the Winter Sports!
Please don't wait to the first day of practice to complete the registration process--Come in early!!!
Below you will find important information on registering for Skiing.
To be eligible to participate in sports and activities, you must complete each step below:
1. Be enrolled in an ASD school, and registered in at least five classes (register at ASD Parent Connect);
2. Have passed 2.5 credits (5 classes) during the Spring 2023 semester;
3. Have received a 2.0 GPA during the Spring 2023 semester;
4. Register in Planet HS (Big Teams--see information below);
5. Have a current physical exam (see information below);
6. Pay the $200 activity/sport fee online through the Parent Connect app (see information below); (Fee Waiver applications are available from the Activities Office--The waiver is not automatic--you must return the completed form, with parent signature to be eligible for consideration.)
7. Obtain your "Golden Ticket" from the Activities Office and turn it in to your Coach on the first day of practice--You cannot practice without your Golden Ticket!!!
Planet HS/Big Teams:
(907) 742-2192 (office)
ASD activities fee waiver questions should go to Ms. Fanne Johnson 742-2141
Five steps to register:
1) Student does online portion at planeths.com (instructions on right). The registration company is called "Big Sports".
2) Parent does online portion after student enters parent contact information.
3) physical from last 18 months needs to be on file with activities office (most doctors or the School Based Health Centers can get you a physical) or uploaded to planeths.com (easiest).
4) pay (cash, check, or zangle pay) or ask for a waiver (easy)
5) When this is done check into activities office at East High with Ms. Johnson or call her. If everything looks complete (planeths, physical, good grades, and payment or waiver) then she will give you a "golden ticket"... a yellow paper. Bring that to practice and when the coach gets your golden ticket then you can start.