It is a privilege to serve as the upper elementary counselor for grades 4-6. I have been part of the Logan-Rogersville Upper Elementary team since 2010. I came to the district with three years Kindergarten through grade 12 school counseling experience, two years as a second grade teacher, and over five years as a K-12 substitute teacher.
The role of the LRUE school counselor includes many areas.
Some examples are:
- 30 minute weekly lesson for all 4th and 5th grade students.
- We will focus on lessons encouraging academic success, personal/social development, and career information. Check out the links to curriculum examples and guidance essential learner outcomes for more information.
- This year we will have a specific focus on 7 habits that bring success and happiness in alignment with the essential learner outcomes for guidance and counseling curriculum.
- Short-term individual counseling 4-6 grade students on an as need basis.
- Academic concerns
- Social & friendship skills
- Self-esteem concerns
- Helping students with decision-making and other short-term personal/social issues.
- Other areas as requested and appropriate
- Coordinate school-wide programs
- Red Ribbon Week
- Character Education
- Habits for Happy and Successful Kids
- Pennies for Patients
- Career Day (Tri-annually)
- 6th grade student council
- Missouri Assessment Test organization
- 6th grade scheduling
- Individual student testing as needed
- Other areas as designated by administration or as need arises
Please feel free to contact me by phone, e-mail, or in person here at school. I look forward to serving you and your children.
417-753-2996 Phone 417-753-7033 Fax