Jobs & Volunteering
The CCC gets many requests from the community for students for paid & volunteer jobs. Make a habit of stopping by the College & Career Center to see if there are any opportunities for you. Positions will also be posted on the CCC website.
All students under 18 are required to obtain Work Permits. Completed applications must be returned to the CCC. Please allow 1 business day for processing/approvals. Blank permits are available at Counseling, the Student Store, and the CCC,
Some posted jobs may be filled, however, students are encouraged to inquire and check similar establishments for employment.
ENTERTAINMENT WORK PERMITS: See Attendance Office for processing/approval of Entertainment Work Permits.
Application for General Work Permit
California State labor laws require work permits for all students <18 years of age
Must be renewed yearly; valid for current school year only
Complete form & submit at CCC.
Allow 1 business day for processing & administrative approvals.
School-Based & Tutoring Opportunities:
- Westlake High School Peer Tutor (paid): The College & Career Center is looking for students to be peer tutors for all school subjects. Students may charge $15/hour. Students must have teacher & parent approvals to be accepted for the list. Applications are available in the CCC or may be downloaded at CCC website. Applications must be submitted to CCC.
- Kumon Agoura Center (paid): Looking for 1-2 high school students to grade math & reading worksheets from 3-7pm on either Mondays, Tuesdays, or Fridays for $12/hr. Call Mrs. Long at 818-519-8438 or email@example.com if interested.
- Kumon Thousand Oaks Center (paid): Looking for students to help at Kumon Center in TO. Fill out the interest application (found on College & Career website at bottom of Jobs page) & send to Tetsu Hoshi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many Mansions (volunteer) – Many mansions needs volunteer help for the Homework Tutoring Club which runs Monday-Thursday 3-6pm. The students would be working with kids and teens (ages 5-17), but focusing on the age range they’re most comfortable with. We currently have 4 sites in Thousand Oaks that provide HTC. Please contact Jessica Lawson at JessicaL@manymansions.org for more information. Volunteer applications are available in the CCC and also on the CCC website. An orientation session is scheduled for Thursday, August 31st from 5-6pm at the many mansions office at 2672 E. Hillcrest Drive.
- Mathnasium (paid): Thousand Oaks & Oak Park locations are looking for students to teach math to students in grades 1-12 for $9.50/hr. Hours vary but could include mid-afternoon through early evening Monday-Thursday & Saturday mornings (6-16 hrs./week). Apply by email with resume & cover letter. See Mrs. Mertel in CCC for more detail on application. Applicants require exceptional math skills though Algebra 1 & Geometry.
Local School tutoring opportunities:
- Banyan Elementary (volunteer): Looking for volunteers to help 1st/2nd graders with their reading. Program takes place every Monday starting in October from 2:40-3:30pm throughout the school year. Students can sign up at booknookinc.wordpress.com
- Conejo Elementary Tutoring (volunteer): Involves tutoring first grade students in reading & math and playing educational games on Thursdays, 6:30-7:30pm. Contact Rob West at 805-657-2911 or email@example.com
- Conejo Elementary Tutoring Center (volunteer): Students needed every Thursday night from October 18-May 2, 6:00pm-7:30pm, at 280 N. Conejo Road to help 1st, 2nd, 3rd graders improve their reading, writing and math skills through one-on-one tutoring. If interested, please contact Ana Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lang Ranch (volunteer): It is open to all students who want to tutor 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders at Lang Ranch Elementary School on Thursdays from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Contact Leah Merjan at The Brain Connection’s website: http://www.thebrainconnectiononline.com.
- Park Oaks Tutoring Center (volunteer): Students needed every Wednesday night from October 17-May 1, 6:00pm-7:30pm, at Bridges Charter School, 1335 Calle Bouganvilla to help 1st/2nd graders improve their reading, writing and math skills through one-on-one tutoring. If interested, please contact Ana Alvarez at email@example.com
- Weathersfield Elementary School (Volunteer): TO Teen Tutoring program for Weathersfield students. Volunteers needed every Thursday from 2:35-3:45pm. Contact Samantha Goldstein for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Business Opportunities:
- Women Official Recruitment & Certification (paid): WORC trains women (ages 16 & up) to become referees/officials certifying them to work as independent contractors at any of the Dept. of Recreation & Parks in the City of Los Angeles. Trainings will be held at the Woodland Hills Recreation Center Thursdays & Sunday evenings for Basketball. Enrollment is FREE and first come, first served. For more information on Basketball & other sports (Volleyball, Softball, & Soccer), please contact Traci Goldberg at Traci.Goldberg@lacity.org
- Farmer’s Market in Westlake Village (paid): Les Delices Dufour (bakery) is looking for a mature committed student (min. age 17 years) to help at the Sunday Farmer’s Market at 2797 Agoura Road, from 7:00am-2:30pm. Pay starts at $11/hour with an increase to $13.50/hour after completion of on-the-job training. Job requires assisting with set up, unloading truck, selling baked goods, stocking, & clean up. Send resume to email@example.com
- The Stadium & Camp Westlake (paid): Looking for individuals interested in child development & working with kids on weekends. Specialist training available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information to apply/send resume. Several part time opportunities available including the following. More information on CCC Jobs website.
- Tech Position ($11.50 per hour): Perfect for anyone interested in the STEM program. This is a paid internship (great for Juniors/Seniors) and will look amazing on their college applications
- Party Host Position ($12 per hour): Perfect opportunity for the fun-loving student who loves children and wants to help make their time at The Stadium super special!
- Front Desk Position ($12 per hour): Looking for someone completely organized who can manage tasks assigned on a daily basis, great customer service and people skills. Must be 18+ years old and proficient on Microsoft Office.
- Lil’ Kickers Westlake Village at The Stadium: Looking for individual with soccer experience to work with students on weekends, flexible hours. Contact Robin Franke at email@example.com to apply & get more information
- Daland Swin School (paid): Hiring lifeguards, camp counselors, swim instructors and office staff for year round and summer positions. They do not need aquatic back grounds; training provided. Our wide range of positions are great for young adults and first time employees as we are flexible and work with student schedules. Application on CCC website
- CorpNet.com (paid): Looking to hire a senior for entry level office administration job. Applicant must have strong computer skills, be able to multi-task, good personality, etc. Job will involve filing, customer support, MS Office skills. Part time position from 12-5 with potential for full time employment after graduation from high school. Pay will be $12/hr min. depending on experience. Please provide cover letter & resume to Nellie Akalp at NAkalp@corpnet.com
- Western Gold Insurance Agency (paid): Looking for data entry specialists. Submit resume & typing speed, flexible schedule/hours. Contact Sharon Hendrix @818-851-3871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- LeXT Robo Academy (paid): Looking for students with robotics-interest to assist Robotics/Lego Winter Camp for ages 7-12 during December 17-January 4. Email Christina Albert at email@example.com for more information. The Center is located at 29039 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
- Baja Fresh (paid): Looking for students to work part-time at restaurant located at 30861 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. Complete & download the application from the CCC website and take directly to store location & speak to manager.
- Shavers Hawaiian Shaved ice (paid): New business in the Oaks Mall looking for part time employees, located at 224 W. Hillcrest Drive on the 1st Level near Starbucks. Application on CCC website. Store opening in November.
- Pick Up Stix of Westlake Village (paid): Looking for part-time cashiers to work in restaurant. Hours would be 5-9:30 weeknights & weekends. Training & uniform provided. Stop by to pick up application 30734 Russell Ranch Road (next to Target)
- FARMERS' MARKET SITE CREW NEEDED (paid):
Part-time person needed to assist with the Thousand Oaks Farmers' Market on Thursday afternoons from 3pm - 7:30pm. Duties include: prepare and clean-up parking lot for market area, setting out parking barricades, trash caens, monitoring bathrooms, handling signage, assisting farmers with set-up and sales and providing customer service to the public. This is and interesting, outdoor job for enthusiastic people who like to work with the public and are interested in food and agriculture. For more information or to schedule interview contact: Karen Schott, Operations Manager, Ventura County Certified Farmers' Market Association, P.O. Box 1050, Fillmore CA 93016, (805) 774-8621 - Cell Phone. Resumes and/or applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental Office (paid): Exceptional dental team seeking an equally exceptional student. Part-time job opportunity to join committed, organized, and enthusiastic team dedicated to serving our patients well. People skills and attitude are most important, but having the ability to clone yourself at times wouldn’t hurt! Experience not required. We will train you. $12/hour. Westlake Village office, Afternoons 12:30-5:00PM; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; $12.00 per hour; Call 805-496-9555
- Local Law Office: Looking for an entry-level, part-time file clerk at our office in Westlake Village. We are flexible & willing to train. Only serious-minded students need apply.
- Hourly wage flexible & will increase after 30 days after probationary period;
- 2-3x/wk after school
- Office duties are file clerk, opening new files, computer literate, training for digital-paperless office GREEN techniques
- General Resume of work experience/skills requested. Email directly to Denise@MikeJusticeLaw.com
- Local Architect office (paid): Westlake Village Architectural firm is seeking a qualified part time senior student to assist our architects in various administrative duties, including e-filing, customer service and data entry. This job requires good Math skills, good computer knowledge (Mac preferred) and ability to quickly learn new programs. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and procedures. Positive attitude and ability to work independently are also required. Hiring now: Schedule: Monday though Friday 1-1.30 PM to 5-5.30 PM. If you meet our qualifications, please send a resume and employment application (see CCC Job Page to download application) via email or fax. email@example.com 805 496-0154 Fax Please enter “WHS part time job opportunity” on your application.
- Brent’s Deli (paid)
Brent’s Deli is a well-established family owned and operated Delicatessen and Restaurant located in Northridge and Westlake Village. We are looking for experienced, friendly, customer service orientated cashiers for our Westlake location. This is primarily a part time position with both weekend and holiday requirements. Position pay starts at $11.00 per hour. Apply in person at: 2799 Townsgate Road, Westlake Village, CA 91361, Mon-Fri 2p-5p; Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Dept. of Parks & Recreation (paid): Check http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=847
A variety of season & part-time jobs are available with the State Park system including: Park Aide, Senior Park Aide, Maintenance Aide, Senior Maintenance Aide, Lifeguard I (Seasonal), Lifeguard II (Seasonal), Grover Hot Springs Lifeguard Position, Seasonal Clerk, Student Assistant/Graduate Student Assistant, Guide Trainee, Archaeological Aide
- Cinepolis Theatres (paid): Looking for Cast Members to join our team! As a Cast Member they would be working in the following departments: Box Office, Barista, Concessions, Usher, Running [18+ requirement], and Cleaning Crew. We have seasonal / regular positions and many incentives: Employee of the month, 2 complimentary tickets a month, movie posters, Employee screenings, employee events. If you would like to further discuss, feel free to call: Lauren Lopez | Human Resources Generalist, Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas – Westlake Village Office: 805-413-8821
- Design It In Wood (paid): Looking for responsible Seniors to assist in after school woodworking program at elementary schools from 2-4pm. We are looking for interns who can assist in teaching classes with the opportunity of making $13 per hour and earn a letter of recommendation. Interested students should email a paragraph explaining their interest and qualifications to email@example.com. They must include a phone number with their email. Successful applicants will be trained, fingerprinted, & TB tested.
- Eckhart’s Trailer Hitch & Welding (paid): Eckharts Trailer Hitch & Welding is looking for students (min. 16 yrs of age) to work in their shop & learn the welding trade. Please contact Brian at 818-881-6787 for more information or see Mrs. Mertel in the CCC for the flyer
- Majesty Cleaners (paid): Looking for student to help with customer service, receive items, & handle payment transactions. Hours are flexible M-F after school and Sat/Sun. Pay is $10.50/hr. Contact Scott or Carlie at 818-991-4920
- Ralphs Supermarket (paid): Apply at jobs.ralphs.com & mark the location at 5727 Kanan in Agoura. Students can work up to 20 hours/week at minimum wage
- Smart & Final (paid): Hiring students for jobs at Newbury Park (2100 Newbury Road) & Westlake Village (5770 Lindero Canyon Rd.) for ages 16 & over. See store manager to apply.
- Gateway Church Sunday Service @29646 Agoura Rd. (volunteer): Every Sunday, 8:30-10:30. Teaching children ages 0-4 or 5-11. Volunteers will be assisting with teaching children's classes. Requires some preparation before arrival (20 minutes). SignUp Genius
- Hillcrest Christian School @384 Erbes Rd. (volunteer): Summer Day Camp, July 8th-12th. 45 hours of volunteering. Students will work with ages K-8th grade from 8am-5pm M-F. Volunteers must have completed 9th grade. Sign Up Genius
- Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief (volunteer) - Looking for junior volunteers ages 8-18 to raise awareness & funds to provide humanitarian relief to orphaned Armenian children & adults with disabilities throughout the world. Check http://www.soar-us.org or email Anait Alabyan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Discovery Center for Science & Technology (volunteer)
Calling all teens (grades 9-12) who enjoy helping younger kids, need community service credit, want to meet teens from other schools and want to be part of a real team! The Discovery Center Teens (aka DCTeens) is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) leadership and service club for teenagers wanting to make a difference in their community by supporting the work of The Discovery Center for Science and Technology.
Monthly meetings are usually held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month (September thru May). To RSVP and/or get more information, email email@example.com or call 818-879-2021
Check this link for more opportunities: http://discoverycntr.org/volunteer/
- Assisteens (volunteer): Assisteens is an auxiliary of Assistance League® of Conejo Valley A chapter of National Assistance League® Our organization supports philanthropic programs and activities.
We accept applications from 7th-12th grade. Each member is required to complete 20 community service hours per year. We meet once a month from September to May. Assisteens supports the programs that the Assistance League funds as well as a few of its own philanthropic efforts such as Shelter Hope Pet Shop and The Samaritan Center and the Cancer Care Community. We also participate in several fundraising activities. We are currently accepting applications for Membership, April 15th-June 1st. The next meetings will be April 22nd & May 8th at Westlake Village City hall, 31200 Oak Crest Drive. Contact Marilyn Adam, Assiteens Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information go to https://www.alconejovalley.org/assisteens-.html
- Cancer Support Community (volunteer) – The Cancer Support Community of the Valley/Ventura/Santa Barbara are looking for volunteers in a wide array of positions. For complete list of positions & to sign up, please go to https://www.cancersupportvvsb.org/how-you-can-help/
- Food Share in Oxnard (volunteer) – Looking for volunteers to help sort food/produce, drivers to help collection/distribution; contact Meg or Christina at 805-983-7100 for more information.
- Friends of the Westlake Village Library Book Nook Bookstore (volunteer): Looking for student volunteers to help bookstore duties. Contact Tracey Ross at 805-328-3235
- Los Robles Hospital (volunteer): Students must be 16 years of age or older to apply. There is a waiting list for positions, however, students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are 16. There is a good chance that they will be awarded a position within a year.
- Oakhurst Hospice volunteer opportunity (Volunteer) – contact Kellie Lyons at 805-497-3118 or email@example.com. Potential positions include back office admin as well as patient care/interface
- Operation Gratitude (volunteer) - Many volunteer opportunities are available to help our military personnel with care packages, letters, etc. Opportunities to assemble care packages are scheduled. Check http://www.operationgratitude.com to sign up & find other opportunities to help.
- Sunrise Senior Living Community (volunteer): Looking for volunteers to assist at a Sunrise of Westlake Village. Please contact Tricia at 805-557-1100 for more details
- Thousand Oaks Library (volunteer): The Library is looking for teens for a variety of different programs, including tutoring 2nd/3rd graders with reading, homework helper, storytime & holiday events, etc. Contact Judi Bumstead at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the form at http://www.tolibrary.org/services/get-involved/library-volunteers/teen-volunteer-application-form
- Westlake Village Library/Agoura Hills Library Teen Advisory Board (volunteer): Students meet once a month to discuss & implement programs to help the community. New volunteers are welcome to attend any meeting. Contact Librarians at the respective libraries if you want more information: Westlake Village Library-Katherine Schwartz or Agoura Hills Library-Katie McGaha. Meetings are 10-11:00am
- Westminster Free Clinic Teen Healthcare Internship (volunteer): Student internships last 2-years & require volunteering 5-6 hours on a clinic night every other week for 12-months of the year. 10th graders fluent in a second language (esp. Spanish) are encouraged to apply in January. For more information, check http://westminsterclinic.org/home/volunteers/teen-healthcare-internship-application/
Camp Leadership/Counselor Opportunities:
- Lindero Country Club (paid): Looking for Summer Golf Camp Counselors at $11/hr to teach kids golf. Call Cynthia Navis at 805-714-3594
- Boys & Girls Club at Lindero Canyon (volunteer): Looking for students to work after school with students: tutoring, mentoring, supervising activities. Please contact Jonathan Quintana at 818-735-9518 or email@example.com
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Conejo Valley (volunteer): Need after school help with leading sports, tutor help, mentorship, assist events & run programs. Go to your local B&G Club to get more information on how you can help.
- Rancho Simi Recreation & Park District (paid) – Need Recreation Aides & Counselors part-time (age 16 & older) for After School Clubs in Oak Park. Call 818-597-1322 for more information. Applications are available at rsrpd.org. Also looking for swim instructors & lifeguards!!
- Conejo Valley YMCA (paid): Looking for swim instructors & lifeguards for the summer. For more information, contact Ricardo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-276-3526
- Yarrow Family YMCA (paid): Aquatics Employment opportunities (lifeguard, swim instructors) available. Must be 16 years of age. Contact Vanessa Tooch at email@example.com
- City of Calabasas Swim Center (paid): Looking for lifeguards for both spring & summer positions. Students must be 16 years of age. Aquatic backgrounds, good customer service. Go to http://www.cityofcalabasas.com/jobs.html
- Also offering American Red Cross Lifeguard Class over spring break (Code 3301.201) M-F, 4/15-19, from 9am-6pm. Register at https://www.cityofcalabasas.com/recreation.html
Police & Fire Opportunities:
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept. Explorers Program
The Los Angeles County Fire Department Explorer Program is designed for young adults from 15 to 21 years of age who are interested in learning about a career in the Fire Service. The program is a joint venture with Learning for Life. In addition to learning about the Fire Service, the Explorer program’s main goal is to provide the young adult with a sense of responsibility to their neighborhood through on-going community related activities. Applications can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Ventura County Sheriff's Office Law Enforcement Explorers Program
An exciting way for young men & women to explore the field of law enforcement. Explorers receive a 3-week, 120-hour academy during the summer. Students must be 14-21 years of age, pass a background exam, maintain a 2.0 GPA, no criminal history, drugs, or alcohol use, and good driving record. If interested, fill out the Form below & send to the address listed.
- Electrical Apprenticeships:
The VCJATC Electrical Apprenticeship program consists of 5 years of classroom related instruction & 8000 hours of on-the-job training. Apprentices are employed workers & “Earn while they learn”. They work under the supervision of a qualified craftsman who teaches the apprenticeship the trade on the jobsite. The electrical construction industry is facing a shortage of workers & the demand for qualified workers is expected to increase over the next 10-20 years. For more information, visit the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 952 at www.ibewlu952.org
- Carpenter Apprenticeships:
The Southwest Carpenters and Affiliated Trades Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (SWCAT) offers aaprecticeship opportunities with fourteen construction trades in six Southwest States (including AZ, CO, NV, NM, SoCal, UT). SWCAT accepts applications for apprenticeship year-round. Apprenticeship is an earn while you learn employment modelthat provideswages, benefits, & pension to its members. The trades available include: Carpenter, Drywall/Lather/Finisher, Acoustical Installer, Cabinet maker, Insulator, Floor Worker, Millwright, Modular Furnishing Installer, Pile Driver, Plasterer, Scaffold Erector, Terrazzo Finisher, Terrazzo Installer. Visit www.swctf.org for more information.