King Kekaulike High School's Student Senate is a student governing body that discusses important student issues and concerns about the school: academic, environment, safety and health, social, etc., shares information about the classes and student activities, and makes recommendations to empower students in the school decision-making process. Sometimes the students feel so strongly about an issue that they create a committee to research and investigate the concerns and the Senate will take action to correct the problem.
Sometimes the concern is something over which the school has no control over and we learn that nothing can change.
Each Advisory is asked at the start of the school year to select a Senator and Alternate. These representatives make up our Student Senate, along with members of the Associated Students of King Kekaulike.
Responsibilities of Student Senators/Alternates
- Attend all Student Senate Meetings
- Present advisory concerns
- Take notes on discussions and information presented
- Ms. Kihara will share the meeting minutes w/ you all through Google Drive, but you are totally free to take your own notes
- Folder will be named “2018-19 Student Senate”
- Report back to Advisory if meeting is done earlier than 10:15am
- Join committees to resolve school issues and concerns
- Be punctual and prepared
- Support each other by actively listening and staying engaged
- Stay on topic
- Bring positive attitudes and be ready to share
- Feel free to ask questions
- Be kind, courteous, and respectful