007 - Human Adaptation
How can humans live in a hostile environment such as a desert?
Using a dictionary or an electronic device define the word above.
Activity One - Survival
- Write down ten things you can not live without.
- Explain why you can not live without those items. We will then discuss this as a group.
- Reorder your list in to a pyramid with the most important at the top and the least important at the bottom.
Activity Two - Human Survival
- Describe what you would need to survive in the desert? Hint: Think about the heat of the sun in the day and the cold at night.
- Explain why you would need the items you chose above.
- What would Ray Mears suggest?
Activity Three - Case Study
The Bushmen of the Kalahari desert are classed as the 'first' people to live there but unfortunately today there are only a few of the tribe left. The clip below gives a brief glimpse in to the life of a hunter within the tribe.
- Write down how the Bushman hunts for food. Think about the weapons he has.