Important Dates & Upcoming Events
Feb 11th - 15th - Valentines Day Week
Feb 18th - NO SCHOOL President's Day
Feb 20th, 21st, & 22nd - Chat with Chels
Valentines Day Week
Valentines Day is coming up!
Kindergarten families, Ms. Jamie will email you with instructions.
1st - 6th families please read our Valentines Day Informational Sheet.
If you do not want to participate please email email@example.com.
Chat with Chels
Ms. Chelsea would like to invite you to another Chat with Chels! This month's topic is on Field Trips for next year and Curriculum. This coffee hour will open with brainstorming ideas for field trips for next year and how we will go about setting those up for our home school families. The remainder of the time I will turn the discussion over to parents to discuss curriculum resources and curriculum swapping. We will provide beverages and snacks. The dates are as followed:
Wednesday, February 20th at 9:00am
Thursday, February 21st at 9:30am
Friday, February 22nd at 9:00am
To RSVP please fill out a Chat with Chels form.
It's time for another HSC Instagram contest!
- During our Valentines Day week (February 11th - 15th) post a picture of your student "dressed for HSC Valentines Day."
- This could be as simple as wearing a red heart shirt or as creative as wearing a heart costume. Anything is fair game as long as it's school appropriate.
- Post the picture to your Instagram with the #HSCValentinesDay.
- Winners will be randomly selected the following week. They will be announced via Facebook and on Ms. Nancy's Newscast.
- The prize? A golden ticket worth 5 prize tickets (this is practically a million dollars to our kids).
- Contest will officially begin February 11th and end February 15th.
Colorado Ski Passport for 5th & 6th Graders!
Kids ski free!
Colorado Ski Country USA's 5th Grade Passport Program is the only ski pass that gives children 3 FREE DAYS of skiing and snowboarding at 22 of Colorado’s premier ski areas.
With no parent purchase required, children can ski all 66 days or just a few; the 5th Grade Passport unlocks the best of Colorado to your child!
Colorado Ski Country USA's 6th grade Passport Program provides children with four days of skiing or snowboarding at each of our 22 member ski areas for just $125*. There’s simply not a better deal on the planet for 6th graders!
Deadline to sign up is Thursday, January 31st.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all communication about absences, coming in late, leaving early, or pick up information.
If your child will be absent, please email our attendance email no later than 9:45 on the day of the absence. If you know in advance that your student(s) will be out for a planned vacation, please feel free to email that as soon as it is planned. While we know that HSC is supplemental to the education you are providing your children at home, many of our classes require steady attendance to be successful. If your child misses 3 (three) or more weeks in a semester without notification of the HSC Director, they will be unregistered from the program. If they would like to return to HSC, they will have to be reregistered at the next semester if there is space available.
Important HSC Updates & Reminders
- Lost and Found
- HSC Families, just a reminder that we take ALL lost and found items to Goodwill at the end of the semester. Please be sure to check the Lost and Found over the next two weeks to make sure none of your kiddo's stuff gets donated!
- Restroom Etiquette
- Please remind your students how to use proper restroom etiquette. We've had several incidents this year across all HSC locations of bathrooms being left "unclean" after a school day.
- Over the next few months we will be updating our website, which may cause pages and tabs to move locations. We ask for your patience during this time as we aim to make a more efficient site for our families!
- Gum, Candy, Cellphones
- None of these items are allowed at HSC. Please leave them at home!
- School Closure Process
- We follow Jeffco schools for closures, so you can check local news stations and Jeffco’s website for school closures. We will also contact you using the Jeffco automated system, which uses your information from Jeffco Connect so please make sure that is current.
- There are times when we call school even though Jeffco doesn’t when that happens, you will be notified using the Jeffco automated system through Jeffco Connect.
- We recommended that you buddy up with another HSC parent in the event that you cannot come pick up your child. We will still enforce late charges on snowy days even when the roads are bad!
- Jeffco Connect:
- Please make sure your Jeffco Connect account is updated with all of your current information. This is the main way we have to communicate with families. If you need your password reset or need help navigating the system, please email Ms. Danielle at email@example.com
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all communication about absences, coming in late, leaving early, or pick up information.
- If it is your child's birthday week, have them come up to Ms. Danielle at the beginning of the day to receive a birthday sticker and a ticket for the prize box!
Classroom & Location Reminders, Requests, and Updates
- HSC Drama Needs
- If you you have extra costumes you and your students are willing to part with consider donating them to HSC! This year's musical is based on Alice Through the Looking Glass and will be designed with a steampunk flair. If you have any costumes that might fit into that world contact Miss Hayley. Otherwise, costumes of any kind that you would like to donate can be shared with Miss Hayley as well. It would be a great benefit to the program to build up a small collection of costumes for the future!
- If you have objects that could be used to create steampunk costumes or props such as things that look like gears or metal or whatnot Miss Hayley would be happy to put them to good use!
- Ms. Holly would love donations of extra quilting fabric you may have at home.
- Ms. Elona would like to remind her PE students to bring sneakers or comparable shoes!
- Ms. Nancy would like to remind parents that the field trip for Young Ameritowne is Thursday April 11th.
- A friendly reminder that our Evergreen campus is entirely NUT FREE. Please re-frame from packing nuts for your student's snacks and lunches.
- Our new bucket system helps us keep track of your children's belongings, however things do still get misplaced! Please be sure to label everything, water-bottles, backpacks, lunchboxes, jackets, etc. Please be advised that at the end of each semester whatever is left behind will be donated.
- We like to get kids outside as often as possible, so please be sure to send appropriate attire with your kiddo to school! You never know when a snow storm might come in on a 70 degree day :)
December & January Highlights
Our Open Houses were filled with fantastic performances from students of all ages. Thank you to all the families that were able to join us and watch our classes perform. As always our Open House follows with our three week winter break that allows our staff to spend time with their families and recharge before the next semester. We know our staff had a lovely winter break and we hope your family did too!
At the beginning of 2nd semester we hosted a hot chocolate party and Back to School Event. Parents were invited to come talk with teachers and visit their student's classes. We know our students were happy to have hot chocolate and we got lots of wonderful feedback from our parents. We plan to do this again for the beginning of our fall semester and hope everyone can join us then too!
Hello Homeschool Connection Parents,
I am heading up the Scholastic Reading Club this year for Ms. Chelsea and wanted to let everyone know how easy it is to order books for your young people! Scholastics offers great prices on a wide variety of books for kids of all reading levels. After your first order online you will receive a credit for a free book (Worth up to $5.00, first time scholastic users only) on your next online order.
Use the link below to create a new account. If you've previously ordered from scholastics you may continue to use the same account. Our school book code this year is once again: LML4W
Orders will be submitted on the 15th of every month. Please have them in by the evening of the 14th.
Email email@example.com with an additional questions or if you’d like to put an order in sooner than the 15th.
Thank you for your time. And let the reading begin!!!!