The Home School Connection
There is information regarding Picture Day (dates have moved), Outdoor Lab, October Count, and Trunk or Treat. As always, please remember to check the Classroom Highlights and Important HSC updates!
Please be sure to use the ATTENDANCE email for ALL absences.
October Count Dates:
- Monday's October Count Dates: 10/1, 10/8
- Tuesday's October Count Dates: 10/2, 10/9
- Wednesday's October Count Dates: 9/26, 10/3, 10/10 (yes, Wednesday is lucky and has 3!)
- Thursday's October Count Dates: 9/27, 10/4
- Friday's October Count Dates: 9/28, 10/5
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
Sept 26th - Oct 10th - OCTOBER COUNT REQUIRED ATTENDANCE
Oct 1st - 3rd - Outdoor Lab
Oct 8th - 12th - Individual Pictures DATE CHANGED
Oct 15th - Oct 19th - Picture Retakes
Oct 22nd - 26th - Trunk or Treat
This is the two week window when we report attendance to the state to receive funding. We love being able to provide your children with quality teachers, classes, and materials; the funding we receive during this window is the ONLY reason we are able to do that.
The October Count window begins on September 26th through October 10th. Student attendance is very important during this window, students may not miss more than one day during these 2 weeks.
If your HSC student does need to miss a day of school during this window, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your child's full name
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
- That you plan on having your child enrolled at/attend HSC for the rest of the 2017-2018 year (normal absences, illnesses, travel, etc. are implied)
- Your signature
- The director may require "proof" such as: Doctor's note, travel documents, etc.
Trunk or Treat
TRUNK OR TREAT IS OCTOBER 22nd - 26th. There will be no Halloween events on Oct. 30 or 31st.
This event will be INDOOR PICK UP ONLY. Whether your child participates or not, you plan to be a volunteer, or you just plan to arrive at normal dismissal time all pickup will be done indoors. We will not have the car line this week.
Whether your family is participating or not, please complete the survey, it really helps us organize this activity so that your kiddos are safe and having a good time.
Please take a minute to read through our Trunk or Treat Information Sheet. It's important that parents and staff are all on the same page so that our kiddos get optimal Trunk or Treat time while also staying safe.
Important HSC Updates
- We’ve made a small change to our attendance procedure. If your child is absent, please send an email with the reason to firstname.lastname@example.org , or leave a message on the attendance line 720-289-9230 ext. 1.
- For October Count any absences between September 26th - October 10th require a documented excuse. Please email to email@example.com
- Individual Pictures - DATE CHANGED
- We have sent lanyards home but if your student still needs them they are more than welcome to bring them back every week!
- Outdoor Lab
- Outdoor Lab is in one week, please remember to turn in all permission forms and medication forms by Wednesday September 26th. If you have any question please email Ms. Chelsea.
- If it is your child's birthday week have them come up to Ms. Danielle at the beginning of the day to receive a birthday sticker and a ticket for the prize box!
- Class Change Requests
- I will be sending out a Google Form in November for Second Semester class changes.
Classroom & Location Reminders, Requests, and Updates
- Musical Theatre Update
- Rehearsals for the musical are well under way and all five casts have finished learning the opening number! Just a reminder that each student should bring a script to rehearsal each day. There is a blue bin in each location where students can place their script at the beginning of the day so they don't have to worry about retrieving it before class. In Lakewood that bin sits right at the front door, in Westminster it sits right outside the theatre classroom, and in Evergreen it sits at the bottom of the stairs.
- HSC Drama Needs
- As we approach the Halloween season if you notice that you have extra costumes you and your students are willing to part with consider donating them to HSC! This year's musical is based on Alice Through the Looking glass and will be designed with a steampunk flair. If you have any costumes that might fit into that world contact Miss Hayley! Otherwise, costumes of any kind that you would like to donate can be shared with Miss Hayley as well. It would be a great benefit to the program to build up a small collection of costumes!
- As well, if you have objects that could be used to create steampunk costumes or props such as things that look like gears or metal or whatnot Miss Hayley would be happy to put them to good use!
- Lastly we need balloons (that we can pop) and newspapers for costumes! Please bring anything you can to Miss Hayley.
- Ms. Elona would like to remind her PE students to bring sneakers or comparable shoes!
- Ms. Nancy would like to remind parents that the field for Young Ameritowne is Thursday April 11th.
- A friendly reminder that our Evergreen location is NUT FREE
- Our new bucket/lanyard system helps us keep track of your children's belongings, however things do still get misplaced! Please be sure to label everything, water-bottles, backpacks, lunchboxes, jackets, etc. Please be advised that at the end of each semester whatever is left behind will be donated.
- From those of you who attended last year you know that our Student's Page is still fairly new. We would love to hear feedback on what you would like to see on this page! Any suggestions please email Ms. Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org with Student's Page in the subject line!
- Friendly reminder, the weather will be changing soon! We like to get kids outside as often as possible, so please be sure to send appropriate attire with your kiddo to school! You never know when a snow storm might come in on a 70 degree day :)
Our September highlight this month includes our annual HSC Talent Show. Small but mighty our students churned out great performances all week long including but not limited to comedy sketches, musical performances, and tumbling! We love how talented our students are and are always excited to see what they are going to do next!
Stay Connected at HSC
· FAQ page
The link is delivered monthly to your inbox
· Calendar of events
· Classroom Newsletters
· Teacher Requests (usually recycled materials)
Pictures of what we're up to in classes
Upcoming contests with a chance to win some HSC gear
· Pictures of what we’re up to in our classes
· Reminders of important dates
· Funny kid quotes
· Interesting facts about the teachers
· Local events